Marine Yaquina Bay Fishing Reports

B
bingocouple
I went out last Monday the 4th and dropped my pots at 8:30am, went and had breakfast and came back, checked my pots. I got 9 and dropped them for about another 15 minutes and picked up the last 3 , All done and off the ater by 10am. Crabbing was good that day.

Reactions: Ikijime, O. mykiss and Admin
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
bingocouple said:
I went out last Monday the 4th and dropped my pots at 8:30am, went and had breakfast and came back, checked my pots. I got 9 and dropped them for about another 15 minutes and picked up the last 3 , All done and off the ater by 10am. Crabbing was good that day.
What area were you crabbing if you don’t mind me asking. My traditional crabbing areas have been terrible since they dredged the river this summer.

B
Big Nigiri
This is a naive question, I know where the public dock is on the south side of the river, but is there a public dock on the North side of the river? Just wonder if we could drop pots and then go to Bay Front for breakfast?

Thanks
Dan

B
bingocouple
I normally crab just east of the NOAA ship, in about 30-32 ft of water.

There is a dock on the bayfront area, by a restuarant. I have seen people using fishing rod with crab grabbers on them, and you can see rope burns on the guard rail so I know they throw pots off there too.

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
bingocouple said:
I normally crab just east of the NOAA ship, in about 30-32 ft of water.

There is a dock on the bayfront area, by a restuarant. I have seen people using fishing rod with crab grabbers on them, and you can see rope burns on the guard rail so I know they throw pots off there too.
That’s exactly the area I crab, last few times I have gone it’s been terrible. Then again I have not tried there for a couple months now. I have gone to waldport and cleaned house though

B
bingocouple
I use chicken for bait, my crab piots have bigger boxes which hold just about 4 lbs of chicken each. Maybe its the scent trail.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
"The sea's a joke, my boy.
Loves to fool you.
Dive one day, you find nothing.
That night, it blows up a storm.
Go back again, the same spot, you find a carpet of golden coin."
Romer Treece

Reactions: TheBigFoote and O. mykiss
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
My buddy and I made a trip out in Yaquina bay last Saturday. We were looking for rockfish and lingcod but they were not wanting to play. However, the striped perch were thick! We ended up keeping 19 stripes perch, and releasing 4. We also caught two greenling and 3 copper rockfish (only kept one each.)
347BC0FD-4839-46AC-A98C-E50562775236.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Admin
Irishrover
Irishrover
Nice, looks like it's time for the filet knife! Good job.

Reactions: O. mykiss
Top Bottom