WW Grigg?

M
metalmania
Anybody ever use ww grigg rods? Lookin for some info on these things. Thanks:D

O
osmosis
Very good from what I've heard and seen, plus they stand by their products like a good American company.
You know I'll suggest Lamiglas but Griggs rods have a warranty as well.

I was told the North x Northwest rods and the North River rods were wrapped by them, I have several of those and have no complaints.

T
Troutier Bassier
How many rods do you have Osmosis?

F
FishSchooler
B
bigdog
I have a Griggs rod I like it, the one I have is a little to heay for drifting (it's 10-20) but I love it for tossing spinners. Was thinking about getting a lighter one for drifting but ended up with a lami and a berkley IM8 and like both of them as well. Still thinking about getting a griggs for drifting as well. Never anything wrong with having more rods.

O
osmosis
I have a whole bunch, several for each tactic.
Bigdog nailed there being nothing wrong with more, I have an entire bedroom in my house dedicated to tackle and there isn't much room to walk in there!

T
Troutier Bassier
:shock:
A Whole Bedroom?

B
bigdog
I don't think I'll ever stop buying gear. I'm only at ten rods at the moment but that won't last. I think there should be another sports show coming up and I'll get one there lol.

T
Troutier Bassier
In feburary.
But Whenever I go I dont have any Money. :(
I have Only 3 Rod, But I Had some More.
Rods and Tackle come and Pass.

M
metalmania
Thanks guys I think I might go pick one up:D.

M
Markcanby
Wait dont go buy them just anywhere go to the distributions center here in Canby. I made a post about it last week. He has about 300 rods he has got back on warranty that he fixes an sells cheep 45$ or 3 for 100$. He also has a lot of prototype stuff in there Vest an Packs. Just call him up to make sure he will be there. The best part about the warranty is they are right here in Canby no waiting for weeks to get your gear back.

K
Kodiak
Ive got a grigg. I love that rod, not to light not to heavy, fast action, and about as sensitive as a lamasnap. Lots of backbone and raw muscle. I've had mine for about 6yrs never a worry or complaint...just like my loomis better for some things.

T
Troutier Bassier
Lamasnap?

K
Kodiak
The nickname We gave to lamiglass when I worked at a sporting goods store years ago...they tend to break under heavy stress...IE Big fish...nokkers bust them up but good..LOL!

T
Troutier Bassier
Hmm, 30Lb Nook hasent snapped my dads Lamistick.

B
bigdog
Troutier Bassier said:
Hmm, 30Lb Nook hasent snapped my dads Lamistick.

Just because someones says they tend to snap doesn't mean they all do or they all will, what he is saying is the they have been none to do so.

T
Troutier Bassier
I Understand what He Means, But he was Fighting it Kinda Wrong, The rod was Bending like a Noodle.

O
osmosis
you're just jealous that you spent an extra $100 for nothing else other than the name...
If rookies would stop using lamiglas rods, they'd stop getting broken in stupid ways!! I beat the hell out of my lamiglas rods and they do not break on fish..

T
Troutier Bassier
Whatever about Lamisticks....
How much do Griggs cost? And are the Prototypes any good*?

*will they Snap Easier then the Actual Things?

F
FishSchooler
It's also hard to break a rod if there is no fish to break it on. :think: ;)