WTB: lower Clack report

E
everett464
Is anyone catching anything on the lower Clack? I hate late October through early December when the fishing dries up in-town. I stopped in at Riverside Park this morning, no rod or reel - just to look/scout. There was a guy out there, just getting started - chatted him up about the system - he gave me some good info, but did not make it sound like fishing is good.

Anywhere in the Clackamas/Gladstone area where a fly guy should go? Coho? I hear about Coho, but wouldn't know where to start.

T
troutmasta
The clack has a sub-par/almost non existant coho run-

until the winters get here it might be pretty scarce.

Why dont you hit up the sandy? Thats where I prefer to fish near the city during the fall.

You can swing flies about 100 meters above where cedar creek runs into the river. Also if you cross at CC and head down stream there are quite a few good spots to run egg patterns under an indicator or swing flies.

Ive never done it it but have seen/talked to many who have and last year saw a fly anlger hook a fall nook at CC.

Tight Lines-

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
I was at cross st park before sunrise this morning spent 3hrs flinging spoons and a couple of jigs....... saw nothing but ducks and a heron. Then went down to the mouth and saw 1 smallish roll/jump in another hour. I saw a sled head above the 205 bridge.....

Reactions: everett464
M
Moe
The lowest on the clack I'd go is mouth of eagle. .. and then still odds aren't too great. Fishing down low as you are isn't a complete waste of time, you could get a re-bright (steelhead). There are still a good amount of steel in the river.

I've been hearing good things about the yamhill and tualatin... the coho aren't generally big in those rivers but some big ones are mixed in. I'm probably gonna hit the T this weekend if cedar creek is a bust again. Good luck.

E
everett464
TM: How do I access the river down there?

T
troutmasta
Park at cedar creek hatchery and hike down. about 20 feet downstream from where the creek/river confluence is a good crossing spot. You'll most likely see others crossing so just follow suit. The water is plenty low enough though. I highly reccomend waders its cold. Anyway just head down stream for a while. The farther you go the fewer people. My favorite is the "House Hole" you'll know it when you find it ;)