WTB: 12V tm battery

NKlamerus

NKlamerus

Most Featured
Anyone have an extra 12V trolling motor battery laying around?

Lithium or AGM prefered, would consider a lead acid if it's cheap.

Eugene, but I will be in Portland this Saturday, October 2nd.

So anywhere between Eugene and Portland might work

Last edited by a moderator:
305to503fishermen

305to503fishermen

I use the Harbor freight one if you are desperate. It is super cheap Lead Acid, I want to upgrade to a Lithium just don't want to spend the money on an A grade cell.

NKlamerus

NKlamerus

Most Featured
I use the Harbor freight one if you are desperate. It is super cheap Lead Acid, I want to upgrade to a Lithium just don't want to spend the money on an A grade cell.
What size are you running?

I have quite a bit of experience with the everstarts from Walmart, I think I'll go that route when it comes down to it

Growing up, we would take the truck battery with us as a backup, definitely risked it a couple times!

305to503fishermen

305to503fishermen

I have a 55 LBS Thrust Vari Speed Minn Kota. I use two 35 AH batteries and i can usually get about 5-7 hours of trolling out of them on my small inflatable Dingy.

NKlamerus

NKlamerus

Most Featured
I have a 55 LBS Thrust Vari Speed Minn Kota. I use two 35 AH batteries and i can usually get about 5-7 hours of trolling out of them on my small inflatable Dingy.
That's actually much better usage than I would guessed

I would mind having 2x smaller batteries, and switching halfway through the day

I've been doing loads of research on lithium and run times. Some guys run 100aH and drain them.....some run 54/60aH and never reach half charge. I believe lithium has a more effective aH rating, and doesn't lose power as the charge lowers

I haven't told everyone what I'm running yet, but it is 55# thrust as well

305to503fishermen

305to503fishermen

Yes Lithium batteries are the much better product. You get about 95% of the expected AH rating, compared to a lead acid that gets about 70% of the rating. They are also lighter and can cycle 1000's of times. But the entry price is steep since there are a lot of B graded cells on the market you need to be careful on what you buy. As far as run time that is all dependent on how much current the loads are drawing, that is very much based on use rather than battery. Outside on the Lead Acid not getting full use of the AH rating.

Also I would not change them throughout the use, I would just put the batteries in parallel.