Wrapping up salmon fishing

jamisonace
jamisonace
Unless some miracle happens I've resigned myself to the reality that I'm done salmon fishing until springers. I've never had to quit this early but without any rain in the forecast its not worth it to drive the minimum of 3 hours one way to push the boat over rocks in hopes of catching the unlikely fresh fish that fought it's way through the shallows.

So, as I reminisce of what once was (a few weeks ago), I'm looking through pics and I find one that I hadn't seen. I'm not a photographer during fishing but I snap a photo here and there with my phone if something looks worth documenting. But I found this photo and I love it. This limit of fish for my son gave him an incredible fight. It was fun to watch and I think the other boats in the area enjoyed it as much as I did. Later in the day, I had a couple guys get after me for not letting my boy fight a fish that we hooked. They didn't know he had already limited.

What a great salmon season. Just 11 more months 'til I'm back down there again.

Dylan's limit.jpg

2013-11-21 08.51.31.jpg

E
eugene1
Good pics of your son and the refurbished boat!

Seemed like a good year overall for chinook up and down the coast this year. Not much for anyone to complain about except the weather recently.

I hope the next season is a good as this one!

Best to you and the family,

T
Tinker
Good looking boy, Jamie. Good looking fish, too, but look at the smile on Dylan's face. Beyond priceless.

I'm thinking that it might be done for the year down here, too. Last couple of rains we had were pitiful, didn't change the water levels an inch, and hardly changed the waters' clarity.

If any of that changes, I'll let you know.

B
bran_man
Man nice chrome! Awesome to get young ones into lunkers! Can't wait till my son is bigger!

S
SOMCREW
Nice work. Now time for Winter Steelhead!

B
billfisher
Great job, what a nice team!