Wow.. wish I could see the Wilson right now

B
beaverfan
And it hasn't even rained in Beaverton yet. Crazy stuff. I bet there's so many leaves in there right now even if it wasn't blown out it still woudn't be worth the trip.
 
F
fisch
Make sure you use Florocarbon #4 leaders when you go :)
 
F
FishTastic
One thing is certain, if it is not blown out yet and choked with leaves and debris, it will be blown out in a day or two. Maybe it will bring fresh meat in once it begins dropping back in shape:think:
 
S
shadow
the wilson river

the wilson river

Hey peeps ! Has anyone fished the Wilson lately I'm thinking of heading over there Thanksgiving but not sure how good it is right now ?? are the Salmon or steelhead in yet?
 
F
FishTastic
shadow said:
Hey peeps ! Has anyone fished the Wilson lately I'm thinking of heading over there Thanksgiving but not sure how good it is right now ?? are the Salmon or steelhead in yet?

I saw nearly every river mile of it yesterday. It is blown out and brown right now. If it does not rain a drop between now and Thanksgiving you may be able to fish some of the spots higher up the river. There should be some salmon in there and possibly another group of fresh might run in as soon as it begins clearing. Winter steelhead should begin to show up now through Feb. I might go take a look and make some casts in the moring on Thanksgiving. Good luck.
 
M
mahucaro
My friend and I went yesterday to check it out to the wilson and the water looks like has come down quite a bit and is not brown anymore. The river still needs to settle a little more but in the upper river are areas that you can fish, my humble opinion I'm not an expert, rather far from it, but judege the pictures. To me water was greenish, little debris exceot for a few huge logs stuck by the forest visit area right around the corner.
The Upper river is more fishable than the lower, think mile 21 and up. again my humble opinion whish nobody asked anyway. No fish yasterday, only one bite (yay) but good fun. My friends dog Cocoa had the most fun.:lol:
This is a couple miles west from eagle creek camp

This one is by the forest visit center, river with too much water.
If going fishing soon hurry because rain is on the way:(
 
F
FishTastic
mahucaro said:
My friend and I went yesterday to check it out to the wilson and the water looks like has come down quite a bit and is not brown anymore. The river still needs to settle a little more but in the upper river are areas that you can fish, my humble opinion I'm not an expert, rather far from it, but judege the pictures. To me water was greenish, little debris exceot for a few huge logs stuck by the forest visit area right around the corner.
The Upper river is more fishable than the lower, think mile 21 and up. again my humble opinion whish nobody asked anyway. No fish yasterday, only one bite (yay) but good fun. My friends dog Cocoa had the most fun.:lol:
This is a couple miles west from eagle creek camp

This one is by the forest visit center, river with too much water.
If going fishing soon hurry because rain is on the way:(


Good report and thanks for posting current pictures. Looks good enough for me to head out tomorrow for some fun:dance: My friend went this morning and hooked a black slimewad near mile 21. I think if the rains stay mellow and the river can drop a bit some steelhead might move in. I remember it being about like this a couple years ago and the steel came way early:pray:
 
M
mahucaro
I'm glad I can help.
I've visit this forum as visitor only but decided to sign in and keep learning and sharing.
Have a good time.
 
F
FishTastic
mahucaro said:
I'm glad I can help.
I've visit this forum as visitor only but decided to sign in and keep learning and sharing.
Have a good time.

Great:cool: Welcome to the best fishing forum around!
 
G
GDBrown
It dosen't get much better!! Water looks great from the photos. I would love to see more photos of just what the water looks like, especially when the fish are biting. I might have to take a drive today even if the stitches haven't come out yet!!

GD
 
F
FishTastic
GDBrown said:
It dosen't get much better!! Water looks great from the photos. I would love to see more photos of just what the water looks like, especially when the fish are biting. I might have to take a drive today even if the stitches haven't come out yet!!

GD

ummmm stitches?:shock:
 
G
GDBrown
FishTastic said:
ummmm stitches?:shock:

Carpal tunnel and trigger finger surgery last monday!! almost healed now.

Do you want to drive or shall I?
 
F
FishTastic
GDBrown said:
Carpal tunnel and trigger finger surgery last monday!! almost healed now.

Do you want to drive or shall I?

I can drive. I have all of my gear in my truck already ( I have a lot ) and I have a permanent bait cooler / fish box already loaded with bait.
 
G
GDBrown
FishTastic said:
I can drive. I have all of my gear in my truck already ( I have a lot ) and I have a permanent bait cooler / fish box already loaded with bait.

I'll send a PM
 

Similar threads

rogerdodger
Replies
16
Views
537
DOKF
DOKF
The Guides Forecast
Replies
0
Views
99
The Guides Forecast
The Guides Forecast
NKlamerus
Replies
6
Views
1K
Grant22
Grant22
Top Bottom