Worth heading out tomorrow?

D
dud3r
Have a free day tomorrow and am looking to get out of the house. Any hopes of catching fish? Where at? Anyone care to join or meet up? Im in the Portland area by the way. About 20 minutes from Oxbow.

H
halibuthitman
I was at the coast today around 4 p.m, the north coast is blown out .. the necanicum was nearing nestle quick stage and none of the others looked any better.

D
dud3r
Thats not good news. I was considering the Nestucca for steelhead. That's quite a drive for nothing though. With my skills I need near perfect condtions lol.

H
halibuthitman
that would be a poor choice.. snow level is at 1500 ft tonite, if I just HAD to go... the sandy or eagle creek might survive the rain... up high, but Im not too well versed on those rivers.. mabe someone else who knows them better will respond.

Y
youngbuck307
Ec will hold it's color pretty good with a normal rain. This is lil on the heavy side (I live in sandy) but snow was sticking for a hour or 2 and high on sandy or ec probably would look the best if anything. If fog isn't to bad will let u know what water looks like at cc tomorrow am. See it from end of my road, sorry still have to brag a lil girl and I just moved up here love it!!!

W
waco
well i have the day off tomorrow and i have to get out im going crazy!!! it might not worth it for fishing but i can't stand been at home all day!! i just gonna try the EC what you guys think? or should try the Clackamas???

H
halibuthitman
the clack would not be my choice, in the winter you can read a little water from home, the clack, willy columbia and many other rivers are fed by hundreds of feeder streams at low elevation= more water, so in the event of rain, fish higher in the systems or choose rivers who's tribs are in the snow zone.. moisture falling as snow will not fill your river up, the other option is to pick a coastal system, many coast streams are only 15 or 20 miles from their headwaters to the ocean with less tribs...= clearing up faster after the rain, some do it in meer hours.. others take days... its the science of steelheading... or just one of 100's of details that will make or break a day- Good luck!

W
waco
thanks for the replay!!!! i guess i just going to ec i had to get out!!!