Worst fishing experience ever

B
bassman503
Wanted to try new water. Got to dodge park at about 7pm. only was able to fish for 20 minutes because my mom was whining soo much... Fished about 1/4 mile downstream of the bridge. There were soo many swimmers. Realized that what I really needed was a spinner instead of yarn and corky. But jeez the water is so shallow! I had no clue where to fish. Anyways I did not hook anything, I did not even see anyone else fishing. Besides being called a "chink", I somehow dropped my phone at the park and didn't realize it until we were about 30 minutes away from the park. But thankfully, a fine family was able to contact my home number and I was able to get my phone back.. I don't think I will ever go to Dodge Park ever again.. Unless the fishing picks up and I learn some new holes at Dodge! ;P

H
halibuthitman
wow... a sweetiepieload of swimmers.. at dodge PARK... on a 90 degree day.. they must have realized what a good swimming spot it is by watching the news EVERY time its over 70 degrees out... I wonder if all those cool refreshed fun luvin folks looked at the fisherman and thought " whats that wally doin here on a 90 degree day?"

Last edited by a moderator:
troutdude
troutdude
It is a real shame, that someone called you a name like that. That just shows me what a low life that they are.

I've never taken my mom fishing. She has been there, when it's a family picnic or bbq or what not. But, not just for fishing. You might want to leave yours at home too, if she's gonna **** n' moan like that sheesh.

I'm glad that you got your phone back. KUDOS to the family that returned it to you!!! I had not even thought about programming my cell phone, with my home number. So, I'm glad that you shared that.

Hope you have better luck next time you head out.

B
bassman503
Haha, my mom HAS to come along. She's my driver during the evening when my dad is at work. I'm only 15.

It's pretty sorry how negative teenagers are today. And yeah, very kind people to have returned it instead of keeping it.. Thanks, I sure do wish I have better luck next time.

B
bigsteel
just keep at it,,,,,,,,,you dont want to fish around aholes like that anyway

E
eggs
Yea dodge is best avoided all summer after 10am...

H
halibuthitman
bassman503 said:
Haha, my mom HAS to come along. She's my driver during the evening when my dad is at work. I'm only 15.

It's pretty sorry how negative teenagers are today. And yeah, very kind people to have returned it instead of keeping it.. Thanks, I sure do wish I have better luck next time.
hey bassman... I didn't know you were just 15, sorry for being a smartazz to you... good job on getting out there, and don't be too hard on your mom, sounds like a very good mother willing to sit and wait for her fishing son, on hot days the morning is much better fishing usally, and the clack might be a little better bet on these hot days... but if your creative you can use swimmers to your advantage.. they really stir the fish up.. the next hole upstream could have fish stacked in it, try rocks or any structure or seams that offer any cover... keep at it.. you will be succeful soon. Brad

L
Left Bank
bassman503 said:

You're a luck young man. Back in the day my mom would have told be to pack a lunch and start walking.

E
eggs
In high school dodge was the place to take your girl or check on some eye candy! If I were 15 it is the only place I would fish hahaha

B
bassman503
Thanks to all. I JUST want to CATCH A FISH! :D The clack has been alright to me so far.

troutdude
troutdude
Back in the day...my mom DID TELL ME TO PACK A BAG and HIT THE ROAD! LOL

Sorry bassy; didn't know you are a young buck. What a groovy mom! (Ask her if she remembers the word "groovy". Probably not. That's probably your grandparents generation).

I tip my hat to your mom, and to you for loving our sport!

Y
youngbuck307
troutdude said:
Back in the day...my mom DID TELL ME TO PACK A BAG and HIT THE ROAD! LOL

Sorry bassy; didn't know you are a young buck. What a groovy mom! (Ask her if she remembers the word "groovy". Probably not. That's probably your grandparents generation).

I tip my hat to your mom, and to you for loving our sport!

lol man i need to chang my name about to be 22 can't really call myself a young buck any more... well to some (ok most, but not calling u guys old) lol

troutdude
troutdude
Personally, I'm old enough to have kids older than 30. So, 22 is just a "kid" to me (no disrespect intended whatsover). It actually is quite strange. When you get to be my age...anyone under 35'ish is a "kid". LOL

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
youngbuck307 said:
lol man i need to chang my name about to be 22 can't really call myself a young buck any more... well to some (ok most, but not calling u guys old) lol

Speaking for the geezers and geezettes here,"back in the day" was so long ago we need to mark it on the calendar just to remember it...lol...but,hey,at least we remembered to put it on the calendar this year...;-)

A
autofisher
Raincatcher said:
Speaking for the geezers and geezettes here,"back in the day" was so long ago we need to mark it on the calendar just to remember it...lol...but,hey,at least we remembered to put it on the calendar this year...;-)

Back in the day for you, ment keeping time with a sun dial and punching a mule if it didn't do what you wanted it to.

Bassman, I really hope that you get a lot more opportunity to get out there and get some fish. Good for you for taking on a challenge like salmon and steelhead fishing. If more of our younger generation got out there and fished or just got out there in the first place..... I think the world would end up being better in all sorts of different ways.

R
Rascal
yeah i know how you feel man when i got my license to drive the first thing i did was say bye bye to mommy and go fishing no joke

B
bassman503
Rascal said:
yeah i know how you feel man when i got my license to drive the first thing i did was say bye bye to mommy and go fishing no joke

Exactly what i'm gonna do!

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
Yeah ... Dodge on a hot summer day . If ya wannna fish ? Forget it . You need to go farther on up the Hwy 26 . But even then any good hole is going to be invaded . Just that time of year dude . Fisherman outnumbered by swimmers . Majority rules . I really am sorry some prick called you a bad name though . There are better spots on the Sandy , Ya just gotta find them and it involves a bit more driving . Momma might not be down for going to far .

F
fishfighter
I've also had those days I also can't drive yet so apreciate those days the thing that bugs me I went to fish a good hole one time full of swimmers a good sandy beach was less then a mile away on lakemichigan get out of my steelhead hole o well it happens but I did go upstream that day and hit a few bass

G
GoneFishin2134
eggs said:
Yea dodge is best avoided all summer after 10am...

Sir, yes sir! Truer words could not have been said. That guys wheel will fall off on the freeway somewhere. Don't worry, just keep at it. Black and blue spinners have been producing I hear..though the Sandy river is slow, slow right now. Wait until the end of the month and it should be on fiyah! again.

Last edited: