Worked for this one

hobster
hobster
Hit the Slaw at Whit today and was suprised at how many people were there. I was there sunday and it was practically empty, not today. The water was so low i don't think any fish can even get to the creek or trap, it was very challenging fishing. One problem with low water is the fish hole up and are in less places, so people get to those holes early and there aren't many places to fish up there. I tried a few holes and walked the bank quite a bit, dead everywhere except 1 fish a fly fisherman got. Headed back down to a great spot which was now empty, i was the only one there. Fresh blood on the bank got me amped up when i got there. I was getting a bit frustrated after 4 hours of nothing and then my line stoppped, i set the hook, and i felt that beautiful feeling of tugging on the other end. Finally landed a buck after 2 weeks of skunk and loosing the last 3 i hooked. I've learned a ton in this low water, its been humbling for sure. Looks like some much needed rain is on the way (big storm coming), can't wait!!
Here is a horrible self portrait with my lame camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rogerdodger
F
fishonshawn
nice. yes rain

Y
Yogidabear
nice fish

B
bran_man
Nice one my man! You have more patience than I do! Lol I went and tried the low water thing on Saturday and saw one hooked and lost above me on the banks and that what ask I heard of. Nice work

hobster
hobster
Thanks man. I tried the bobber all day because its so good in low water but i suck and don't have the patience so i went back to drifting and it worked out.:D I only lost a frew rigs so it was a great day. I can't imagine how insane this weekend will be if it rises as much as they say it will - ZOO!!

I
Ichthyophile
That very well could of been the blood from the fish I caught that morning. I can't believe I left catchable fish in the hole :(. Good job though, you earned it. I can't be too mad at myself. I just kept moving from spot to spot all day and eventually it paid off. I only caught one on the Siuslaw, but I was able to pick up three more on Lake Creek before the day was over including a nice chrome 12+ pounder (I know what you are thinking, no I did not weigh it, it was 33 inches though). All three Lake Creek fish were natives. I was using a simple bobber and jig combo. Low water is my favorite, that is when I am most comfortable and confident. Wish I had pictures, but my phone was dead and that was all I had with me.

G
gold_smokie
i smell fish tales .... lies lies lies '' wish i had pictures but my phone was dead and it was all i had with me '' gotta rember that one. or we could just tell the truth, i havent caught a fish since may 2005 but i seen one last year , and it almost bit''!!!

hobster
hobster
Dude you are a complete idiot. I'd never take a native because i have too much respect for these fish. I've tagged 10 fish this winter, have a bunch in the freezer, why would i kill a native. I've let natives go on the Mac even though they can be tagged. You are not worth my time you piece if sh*t, look for me down there, i'll be there tuesday and we can have a talk about it.

L
Lamiglas
Looks like a 'cookie cutter' hatchery fish to me.

R
rippin fish lips
gold_smokie said:
i smell fish tales .... lies lies lies '' wish i had pictures but my phone was dead and it was all i had with me '' gotta rember that one. or we could just tell the truth, i havent caught a fish since may 2005 but i seen one last year , and it almost bit''!!!

Hatchery fish... GTFO Your lame. Hobster has Respect for wild fish. You are crazy. U must of had a hard year... Go fish for some hatchery trout and take some heat of your shoulders....

Reactions: rogerdodger
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
gold_smokie said:
so thats how you can still take pictures of natives without getting in trouble .... very smooth man lol , jack ass!!! let our wild fish go ...

i smell fish tales .... Lies lies lies '' wish i had pictures but my phone was dead and it was all i had with me '' gotta rember that one. Or we could just tell the truth, i havent caught a fish since may 2005 but i seen one last year , and it almost bit''!!!

wtf?

hobster
hobster
Didn't mean to be so agressive but that was a pretty low blow. Cookie cutter is correct, and thanks Tanner.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
hobster said:
Didn't mean to be so agressive but that was a pretty low blow. Cookie cutter is correct, and thanks Tanner.

hobster, dude- you are definitely not the member that needs to smooth the water here, and allow me to add..nice fish and great report on it. cheers, roger

R
rippin fish lips
hobster said:

Welcome. I will back up a fellow fisherman who as river/fish ediquette. low blows like the one he gave you are not right. Nice cookie cutter clipper for sure. Keep them lines tight and in the water.

G
gold_smokie
lol too funny ... damn poachers all stick together... i see rippin hold that fish too where you can't see the adipose fin , clever.... but its not his fault it was the only one that he could snag out of the fish ladder with the spot light , maybe next week you can show us how to catch A deer on a big ol ocean rod with some marlin wire and a apple on a trebble hook , p.s. just email me your hate mail POACHERS!!!!

Last edited:
R
rippin fish lips
gold_smokie said:
lol too funny ... damn poachers all stick together... i see rippin hold that fish too where you can't see the adipose fin , clever....

Funny that you say that. Better watch what you say when you ARE not RIGHT. Never know who might come out of the blue to prove you wrong. I had 5 witnesses to my fish. 2 of them are members on here, and they watched me hook and fight the whole thing. watched me tag it to. I think its time to ban this Poacher., or flosser. Who ever you are.

And i hope you arent talking about my avatar picture because that was a hatchery fish. And have a thread on here where you can clearly see the SMOOTH AS CAN BE FIN CLIP. I have never caught a native steelhead yet. So again... Dont say if you dont know.

Last edited:
B
bran_man
Lol. This forum sometimes.... I'm not really going to say much. But I have fished with hobster a few times and he is a nice guy.I have seen him release Hatchery fish even when he already had tagged a couple (where we were fishing, limit is 3), so I know he is not greedy or eager to tag everything he lands.so I really don't think he would keep a wild fish... Just my opinion... I have also fished with rippin a lot and I knoa for a fact 100% he has too much respect for the game to do something like that for sure. Jealousy can make you do/say some crazy things....

Troutski
Troutski
Deep breath...

Deep breath...

Deep Breath...
...... now continue....

Chuck

B
bran_man
Troutski said:
Deep Breath...
...... now continue....

Chuck

Ha yeah you got that right Chuck! Thanks. Let's end this one

hobster
hobster
Yeah, lock this one! Lookin forward to seeing you on the river Brandon, thanks for the kind words guys. Over and Out!