Woot!Woot! It's time for the opener!!!!!

B

beaverfan

Autofisher, my dad and I will be out there about 10 o'clock tomorrow for the Sturgeon opener on the lower Willy, anyone else gonna be out there???? Launching from Swan Island and will probably fish the harbor area.

B

bigsteel

good luck out there bro,,i expect to see a full report with huge fish pics....i will be on the metolius

F

Fishtopher

Be at George Rogers on Saturday...close as I can get to the opener! Good luck!

S

sturgeonslayer

have been doing some scouting the past few weeks and its looking to be really good!!

M

Marvin's Guide Service

Great I have tomorrow off. but should be out Saturday.
good luck.

B

beaverfan

It should be a reel fun day! Hopefully we can find some that want to play!

F

fish4life

does anyone know if you can fish off the catwalk in oc or did they shut that off to public access, or any other good spots to bankfish from?

F

Fishydog

Tried to talk my buddy into going out but he had to work :(
I'll be at the falls with everyone else on Sat :rolleyes:
Good luck

G

getreelguide

Elk Rock in Milwaukie is a very good place to try for sturgeon. I would go there

W

waco

does anyone know if you can fish off the catwalk in oc or did they shut that off to public access, or any other good spots to bankfish from?
i heard the catwalk on O.C. is closed for good!!! due to when people release fish they not allways survive is a far fall!!

F

fish4life

Fished off the west linn side of the river today and got a 44 incher!

G

getreelguide

great job. how were the scoots sharp?

B

beaverfan

We ended up only getting 2 fish for the 3 of us. I got the first one that was 44 inches and then it was Autofishers turn to fight a 58 incher. I'll have some pics in a bit.

Y

youngbuck307

Nice job guys I will be out sat in my buddys boat... First time not going after them from the bank

A

autofisher

Man, that fish felt like it was going to break the rod at least 4 times. It was a great time out there. Jay was a beast..... even with the big purple thumb. :lol: Within 20 minutes of being at our spot, Jay got his....... after he fought his, he threw out again and not even another 5 minutes another one was on the line..... I fought this one in and it was BARELY over the legal. It was awesome...... Thanks Jay and Jim, I had a great time. Can't wait to do it again...... cept this time no candy... my stomach hurts.

L

lilsalmon

Nice job guys...seen the pics on facebook.....I got one when we were out with osmosis....they are fighters...but he had to go back..was about 36 inches.

A

autofisher

The whole story

The whole story

Jay and I met his dad at the boat ramp around 10 in the morning. Took a short jog and got out to our spot..... Took us about 5 minutes to rig up and our lines were in the water. Took about 15 minutes before Jay's dad's rod went OFF..... and just as quick it was gone..... Then mine started dancing...... and poof it was gone.... straight to Jay's and WHAM! Jay set the hook high and hard and the fight was on..... about 20 minutes ( we were using light tackle) and Jay landed this brute of a fish.... It was so cool seeing his fish on the fish finder before we netted it. I could literally track it as he fought it.
Jayssturgeon.jpg

After we got it measured and tagged, our lines were back in the water......not even five minutes and the rod buries again followed by a hard hook set and I got handed the rod..... this thing WAS SO ANGRY! It ran and ran, and every time we thought we were making ground, it would take OFF again.... it ran under the anchor line, it ran under the boat, there was even a time Jay told me not to run out of line.:shock:....remember, light tackle. So we finally tire this beast out and get it up to the boat:clap:. We tried three times to get a good measurement and it just wouldn't let us. We got it up on the boat and got a quick measurement.:pray:...I was 3 inches over:(.....quick snap while we were measuring and back in the water the beast went..... I know you're not supposed to have oversize out of the water:naughty:, but it was too close to call leaning over the side of the boat.
Mikesfirststurgeon.jpg

The fishing died down pretty much after that and we called it a day around two..It was a great time and I can't wait to do it again and get my keeper.

W

waco

Jay and I met his dad at the boat ramp around 10 in the morning. Took a short jog and got out to our spot..... Took us about 5 minutes to rig up and our lines were in the water. Took about 15 minutes before Jay's dad's rod went OFF..... and just as quick it was gone..... Then mine started dancing...... and poof it was gone.... straight to Jay's and WHAM! Jay set the hook high and hard and the fight was on..... about 20 minutes ( we were using light tackle) and Jay landed this brute of a fish.... It was so cool seeing his fish on the fish finder before we netted it. I could literally track it as he fought it.
Jayssturgeon.jpg

After we got it measured and tagged, our lines were back in the water......not even five minutes and the rod buries again followed by a hard hook set and I got handed the rod..... this thing WAS SO ANGRY! It ran and ran, and every time we thought we were making ground, it would take OFF again.... it ran under the anchor line, it ran under the boat, there was even a time Jay told me not to run out of line.:shock:....remember, light tackle. So we finally tire this beast out and get it up to the boat:clap:. We tried three times to get a good measurement and it just wouldn't let us. We got it up on the boat and got a quick measurement.:pray:...I was 3 inches over:(.....quick snap while we were measuring and back in the water the beast went..... I know you're not supposed to have oversize out of the water:naughty:, but it was too close to call leaning over the side of the boat.
Mikesfirststurgeon.jpg

The fishing died down pretty much after that and we called it a day around two..It was a great time and I can't wait to do it again and get my keeper.
thanks for sharing your story!!! those are some great fish!!! How lighter your tackle was??

Top Bottom