Wondering......

B
bigair42385
well im thi nking of going to astoria to go sturgeon fishing, cuz i havent been able to cach anything over 30in yet. i want a challenge. ive never been to astoria and dont have a clue where to go up there. i would be bank fishing, unless my uncle goes but i doubt it. if you could help id really apreciate it. if u have an address id really help so i could plug it in my gps. thanks

O
osmosis
Astoria closed for sturgeon on the 19th. You could go have some catch and release fun.
There are very very few banks spots down there its pretty much a boat show.

after the end of the month you could go below bonneville and hook some oversize fish if all you're looking for is a big fish to fight.

B
BlackTalon
Sturgeon fishing

Sturgeon fishing

I believe the Columbia is open now below marker 85 (couple miles downriver from dam) and is closed between 85 and the dam until the first of August.

Evan

O
OnTheFly
bigair42385 said:
well im thi nking of going to astoria to go sturgeon fishing, cuz i havent been able to cach anything over 30in yet. i want a challenge. ive never been to astoria and dont have a clue where to go up there. i would be bank fishing, unless my uncle goes but i doubt it. if you could help id really apreciate it. if u have an address id really help so i could plug it in my gps. thanks

I was in Illwaco WA.on a salmon charter last Sunday and on the way back I noticed some guys fishing the bank on the Washington side downstream from the bridge. I assumed they were targeting sturgeon. Anyway, it was along the rock embankment by the road. The town of Chinook must have a chamber of commerce so someone there may know the area. Good Luck!

B
beaverfan
Well Astoria Sturgeon season just got extended one last weekend. This Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 7/24-7/26

O
OnTheFly
A guy on the charter boat and I got to talk'in and he was saying that off of the jetty on the WA. side north of Illwaco, they were slaying the coho's. If it were me, I would leave the sturgeon gear at home and rig for salmon!