Wlison River report.3/22 & 3/25

D
DriftOR
I've been meaning to make a report since Tuesday, but I have been kinda sick. Tuesday was a great day on the river, the water was as close to perfect as I have seen it in a while. The bite was on! Only talked to 2 boats that didn't have fish, and 1 of them was early in the morning. I talked with one boat that had 6 fish for 3 anglers, I picked up a bright chrome 17lb hen and lost another.
Today was not as good as Tuesday, saw 1 native caught and I got a nice little hen. Most boats I talked with did not have any fish, but 1 boat had 3 fish and I guess 2 of them were quite large.

G
GDBrown
I was down in the afternoon today and saw several boats returning to the metro area. Beautiful water and very few bank anglers but nothing for me today. I've been trying to use my fly rod only for steelhead this spring. I saw serveral fish with one rising repeatedly on the Trask but not to my OFFering. I'll try again next week.

C
cddunn
Nothing up higher for me today.

M
metalfisher76
Saw some in thar myself the other day. Trask too. No love for us but there are feesh in both systems, fo sho!

S
shimano22
I hooked into a nice chrome 33'' native hen on thursday on the wilson. Gonna go out tomorrow really early with one or two buddies to try for a keeper, just banking it but the water was looking really good. only my third steelie ever and by far the biggest one. say hi if you see us i have a red dodge dakota with a maroon canopy

C
ChezJfrey
OK, I think I'm set on either the Wilson or Trask tomorrow...would it be better to be lower on either, or a bit higher up?

T
troutmasta
shimano22 said:
I hooked into a nice chrome 33'' native hen on thursday on the wilson. Gonna go out tomorrow really early with one or two buddies to try for a keeper, just banking it but the water was looking really good. only my third steelie ever and by far the biggest one. say hi if you see us i have a red dodge dakota with a maroon canopy

Tomorrow we shall slay my friend.....

R
RosenthaDR31
I'm itching to get out. I think I might be heading up there tomorrow. I got to get my first steelie....hell any trout. I just moved here from Wisconsin, so this is all brand new to me.

K
Kais
ive never been there but Is the wilson and trask sight fishing, where you can see the steelhead because that means they can see you and will be reluctant to bite. But i love that kind of fishing