Withdrawl syndrome

J

JeannaJigs

I'm going through fishing withdrawls. I believe this to be a legit medical diagnosis. It's interrupting my day to day...messing with concentration at work, and making it difficult to sleep, and forget my concentration on the weekends when I'm supposed to be working on moving into a new house. If you're depressed they give you anti-depressants, if you're in pain, they give you pain meds...if you're going through steelhead trip withdrawl, it would seem that the logical treatment is to go fishing. I don't understand why the doctor I work for doesn't agree with this treatment plan?

I foresee a trip to return beer bottles for gas funds, and a sick day coming up, for this clearly legit medical diagnosis.

J

JeannaJigs

I'm insanely jealous. ENJOY.

...I was supposed to be off work 20 minutes ago :( ....Still slaving. Stuck here until probably 7.

This job is killing my habit.

M

mlw

I think you have identified my problem also. Identifying the malaise is the first step towards a solution. I believe it is a serious condition, and appropriate treatment is needed, before it gets worse. Aren't we supposed to be putting more emphasis on preventative medical measures? Surely your doctor wants you to be at your best when working, so it is in his interest for you to treat the condition. :)
Michael

G

GrillMaster

Steelhead withdrawal

Steelhead withdrawal

Suffering from Steelhead withdrawal; go Trout fishing until the sleepless dissipates and the lack of concentration subsides. Then call me in the morning:D

GM

Troutski

Troutski

Birthday...

Birthday...

Your Birthday is just around the corner, schedule a day off and recharge; a mental day off is just as important as a day off due to the Flu. A lousy mental disposition is just as contagious as a bug, maybe even more so...take time to enjoy the day - heck it is your day.

Chuck

D

dude young

I gots the same problem. Can't concentrate at work due to a lack of fishing.

I've got a solution...

Let's say we start, oh I don't know, a bank. And we'll get filthy rich on writing bad mortgages to people who are buying houses for way more than they are worth (cause, of course we are kicking a little back to the appraisers), then, just when it all comes to a head, we'll stash our cash in an OFF shore account and cry foul. The gov's will cut us a fatty check, we'll blow that on a huge party in Vegas, and retire to St.Croix where we can get tired of chasing Bonefish in the flats on the government dime.

Or, I suppose, I (like you I am sure) will continue shlepping away for some tool owner/boss that clearly knows that they are taking advantage of you 'cause "You should feel lucky to have a job right now".

It's still light out late. Throw a rod in your truck and hit a stream/pond on your way home. Even a half pound blue gill is better than nothin'. Wonder if I can carry a rod on the bike?.....:think:

J

JeannaJigs

I think you have identified my problem also. Identifying the malaise is the first step towards a solution. I believe it is a serious condition, and appropriate treatment is needed, before it gets worse. Aren't we supposed to be putting more emphasis on preventative medical measures? Surely your doctor wants you to be at your best when working, so it is in his interest for you to treat the condition. :)
Michael

Well since I work for a doctor who is ALL about the preventative treatment...One would think he would agree lol. Unfortunately, since we are short staffed, I don't think he cares :(

K

Kodiak

Banned User
You could always flatten his tires, remove his gas tank and he would have to call in and bingo...instant day OFF...I feel your pain kid, I feel your pain!

J

JeannaJigs

Your Birthday is just around the corner, schedule a day off and recharge; a mental day off is just as important as a day off due to the Flu. A lousy mental disposition is just as contagious as a bug, maybe even more so...take time to enjoy the day - heck it is your day.

Chuck
I agree! I have to work on my birthday though :( I even have to come in early, at 7 instead of 8 :( and stay late :( Slave drivers I tell ya! I can't complain because I have a good job, but man...they owe me lol. We're short staffed because some people quit, i usually have quite a bit of flexibility at work. I'm hoping to go this weekend, but I was really hoping for a week day because there's so many people on the river on the weekends. Beggars can't be choosers though, right? At least I will be on the water :) and this is a very good thing.

J

JeannaJigs

You could always flatten his tires, remove his gas tank and he would have to call in and bingo...instant day OFF...I feel your pain kid, I feel your pain!
He lives like 5 minutes away, and during the summer rides his bike to work. :| Damn the man! Plus his kids are home from college and I'm sure he would recruit them for taxi service.

Now if someone would be willing to kidnap him...he works at the albany urgent care a couple days a week.... :) I know several of you live in that area...

C

Combat Chuck

Now if someone would be willing to kidnap him...he works at the albany urgent care a couple days a week.... :) I know several of you live in that area...

I can see urgent care from my place; he could have a bad experience with a pack of wild nutrias that somehow found their way into his vehicle ;)

J

JeannaJigs

I can see urgent care from my place; he could have a bad experience with a pack of wild nutrias that somehow found their way into his vehicle ;)
Haha ! (He drive's a 90's something white blazer with tan leather interior, I bet nutrias would like to chew on some cow skin)

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Nurse Cratchet...

Nurse Cratchet...

JeannaJigs;
I sympathize with your symptoms,gal. When I was up to my eyeballs in boxes I didn't have any hope of ever FINDING my gear,let alone use it. Now that they're only waist high I can go most any day. I really feel for the patients,too. Nothing is more intimidating than a pi$$ed off nurse! :shock: ;) Hope you get out soon. :pray:
Be safe.
Barb

O

OnTheFly

May-be I cood sen some ov de boyz over and make an offer he can't re-fews. You no? Break afew knuckles.......nothing personal...just business..

J

JeannaJigs

Nothing is more intimidating than a pi$$ed off nurse! :shock: ;)

LOL indeed. Those old guys coming in for their Testosterone shots beware! I felt horrible, I actually forgot to change out the draw needle when I gave it to a guy (I draw with an 18 guage, and administer with a 21 guage...) so he got an 18 guage in the butt...he felt it....So see...if I hadn't been so distracted with the withdrawl symptoms...it could have all been prevented!

I should be getting tomorrow off because there's only one doc working and enough staff to cover for me to get the day off, but they want me around because I'm the only one that can do x-rays, and they need me "just in case". bleh, if it's that urgent, send 'em to urgent care! otherwise they can come back friday? that's what I think lol.

Man I'm gettin' grouchy! Day off is definitely in order, I'm thinking monday.

O

OnTheFly

Hey Jeanna, You should have anticipated this time off thing earlier and got him tickets for the Oregon Country Fair.:D

O

OnTheFly

:lol::lol::lol:your boss:lol::lol:stoned and naked while you're out fishing:lol::lol::lol::lol::dance: