Winter! Trout! Where are you?!?!?!

D
DAN9000
Is it legal to catch and release for trout in a river that's out of season? For example, can I fish the oak grove fork of the Clackamas if I catch and release? What if I target rocky mountain bonefish, AKA mountain whitefish? What if I go to a stream that's not listed in the special regs and it's a tributary to a larger river that's open to salmon and steelhead all year, can I fish for my precious rocky mountain bone fish?

Are my only options around Portland steelhead and salmon? I sound like a spoiled brat...

S
skunk
From what I understand you can not target trout when its not trout season, in streams and rivers. Also be careful in lakes, make sure they are open before you go. If you catch one while salmon or steelhead fishing it must be released but you cannot target them unless the body of water is open yr round. If the river or stream is closed to trout, salmon, and steelhead at this time better not even have a pole in it.

D
DAN9000
I figured. DANG IT

Thanks for the reply.

B
beaverfan
Just go to one of the many lakes still open if you really want to catch some trout.

L
livin2fish
beaverfan said:
Just go to one of the many lakes still open if you really want to catch some trout.

goooooo ducks.sorry beaverfan , just had to do it.lol.