Winter steelhead

F

fishfinatic

from central oregon fished the lower d but want to get accustomed to the new area any advice on where i can go around eugene for a chance of some nice steelhead. thanks and hello to all

F

fishkiller

Well, you are in luck. Living in Eugene you are an hour away from great steelhead fishing. You can head west and hit the Siuslaw and Lake Creek. If you head east you can hit the Mckenzie and Willamette, to the north the Siletz and Alsea. I hope this helps.

S

steelheadstalker31

Welcome to the forum, lots of good advice here. The Siuslaw and Lake creek are the two closest rivers to Eugene with winter steelhead. The Siuslaw gets a good run of hatchery fish, but also get's a good amount of pressure, as does Lake creek. There is lots of public access on both rivers.

F

fishfinatic

thanks a bunch... if i pulled off 126 at the first sight of river i could get lucky on the siuslaw? thanks for the help

B

brysageek

not toooo much further

not toooo much further

you have the umpqua not too much further but I have not fished it yet for the steels :(

M

MontanaMoose

Umpqua steel

Umpqua steel

Here's one i got on the north in october on an unweighted leech pattern.

MontanaMoose

F

fishfinatic

beautiful

beautiful

great catch montanamoose

B

brysageek

wow!!!

wow!!!

:clap: I have yet to land a beauty such as that!!!, I am still learning the rigging for steelhead anyone know of a decent site where it shows pictures/videos of tying on yarn and a drift setup????? I have been searching but a lot of them seem so impractical. I wouldn't mind seeing how to rig up Corky/Yarn and how set up a Pink soft worm, also I would like a good site on steelhead behavior, a low down on go/no go situations. How the they hit where they typically hold up etc. etc. I think that I still havn't quite layed down the yeh' ole' Bass pole quite yet, love the tactics side of fishin!:D

T

Thuggin4Life

Nice fish man! The steelheadstalkers website show you how to tie up all kinds of knots and setups. Not sure if its moastly float fishing tutorials but its worth a look. And there was a thread on here called the 10 percent rule or something that might help. Search this site and there are somethreads specific to drift rigging. Youtube also can be helpful.

B

brysageek

Found it !

Found it !

thanks I am looking it over now, this might be the spot thanks thuggin