Winter steelhead

OnTheDrop

One of my clients got my earliest Winter Steelhead, while intentionally targeting them, this past Saturday. I’ve hooked them around this time before, but usually while targeting Chinooks. We have 4-5 months of season ahead of us, and I have openings starting this upcoming week, through mid April...

Looking forward to another awesome season, and hope everyone gets out and enjoys it one way or another!

Shoot me a message over here, or on my cell, if you want to reserve a day: 971-275-6725

Cheers,
Tanner

Attachments

Irishrover

Nice looking winter steelhead. When the Sandy had Big Creek stock winter steelhead, they would show up about this time of year. Thanksgiving Day was the start of some "reel" fun. Hope you have a grate winter season.

OnTheDrop

Irishrover;n614678 said:
Nice looking winter steelhead. When the Sandy had Big Creek stock winter steelhead, they would show up about this time of year. Thanksgiving Day was the start of some "reel" fun. Hope you have a grate winter season.
Nice! Yeah, they are phasing out these early fish, and are going early broodstock on the coast. We could have some really healthy fish returning again late November/December in years coming.