Winter Steelhead

F

FishAssassin

Went 5 for 5 on Friday on a coastal river. The first 4 were all natives that I released and then got lucky and nailed the biggest Winter Steelhead hen I have ever caught. I measured her at home and she was 37 inches long!! Caught her on a first bite jig. I didn't get the weight but I would say she was around 15 or 16 pounds. Here egg skeins were huge! Those are curing as we speak. What impressed me the most about this fish was her head shakes. She just would not give up. I am just happy my leader held up. I love seeing new pics up on this website so here is my contribution.

R

RLK

Looks like a really good day on the river. Good job.

F

FishAssassin

Looks like a really good day on the river. Good job.
Thanks. I can't wait to get out and do it again. Or even better start focusing on springers! I am preparing my gear already. :dance:

C

Cohosanders

Holy Shnikeys...GOOD JOB !!!!:clap:5 for 5 and that hatchery hen is a hog:clap:Once again good job on your fish:cool:

M

metalfisher76

Hey? I thought I said nice fish and stuff tooo??????????? Guess I didn`t hit post or sumpin? Hey, nice work man. I couldn`t get the hook set to save my life on Friday.

F

First Bite

Now that is too cool. Five for 5 on late winter steelhead with a brute hatchery for the BBQ. Right on. :cool:

N

nwkiller

nice, lucky hen in the end, awesome pictures

F

FishAssassin

Thanks guys. Persistence pays off. If they don't want what you are giving them show them something different.

I went to the Washington side of Bonneville Dam today and witnessed through the fish window the most springers passing through that I have ever seen! Chrome after chrome I felt like I was a kid in a candy store. I definitely have the itch now!

J

Johnny Southpaw

Way to go! Going 5 for 5 is quiet a feat. Those fish looked to be in pretty good shape for how late it is in the season! What kind of line do you use while jig fishing?

F

FishAssassin

Way to go! Going 5 for 5 is quiet a feat. Those fish looked to be in pretty good shape for how late it is in the season! What kind of line do you use while jig fishing?

Thank you. Yeah those fish fought very well too. I use Tuffline Duracast.

T

Thuggin4Life

Those are some really nice fish man. Then to get one home with double prizes is a bonus. Specially when the skiens are huge. Way to go.

Top Bottom