Oregon steelhead fishing (2010 - 2021)

hobster
hobster
Good day today got my hatchery limit. @rogerdodger was 1 for 2 when I left, hope he limited too. Felt good to get some ink on the tag

h.jpeg

Reactions: killigan, Hooked Up, my2labs and 1 other person
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
hobster said:
Good day today got my hatchery limit. @rogerdodger was 1 for 2 when I left, hope he limited too. Felt good to get some ink on the tag

just one for me, a stunning chrome hen, hobster's first buck was just as fresh. both were right at 26", well developed eggs in my hen and as usual, a big old smooch from Pepper...

2.jpg both.jpg 3.JPG

Reactions: NKlamerus, killigan, Fred and 3 others
Appalachian
Appalachian
Hey y'all,
Just moved to the area from NC. Learning that I don't know my a** from my elbow when fishing out here. Got lucky on Monday and got my first steelhead! Beautiful wild fish, fought like crazy. I'm hooked.

20200120_143823.jpg

Reactions: maxwyatt, Hooked Up, Mtnsaremyhome and 4 others
jamisonace
jamisonace
One two a wading shoe
Three four a drift boat oar
Five six a pink maglips
Seven eight a tasty bait
Nine ten a big fat hen

IMG_20200123_171428.jpg

Reactions: Hooked Up, Admin and my2labs
F
Fred
hehe
1581274653190.png

Reactions: my2labs, hobster, rogerdodger and 1 other person
jamisonace
jamisonace
Went to the river today and picked up a bankie I've talked to a few times down there. He had an hour to fish. Landed one of two.

Justin211.jpg

Reactions: Hooked Up and Fred
S
Steelangler
Iv been able to get out and catch a few so far this year.

• Wow
Reactions: jamisonace, C_Run, maxwyatt and 2 others
C_Run
C_Run
0 for 2 on Monday and 2 for 2 today, both wild. Gotta say I like carrying lip grippers on the bank with so many fish to release. You never have to touch the fish. Only got one pic.

P1050013 - Copy.JPG

Reactions: Fred and Admin
jamisonace
jamisonace
Buddy came down from Springfield this morning.
Got into a couple. Not as good as what we saw earlier this week but decent. Crappy pic.

IMG_20200214_103549.jpg

Reactions: Hooked Up and Admin
jamisonace
jamisonace
Grabbed a friend for dawn patrol this morning before the day got busy and found a little hatchery buck.

IMG_20200215_080655.jpg

Reactions: hobster, Admin and Fred
jamisonace
jamisonace
Yesterday my good friend from my McKenzie fishing days came down and we put a full day in. Tough fishing but we got 1 out of 2. Good times spending time with a good friend.

IMG_20200214_103549~2.jpg

Reactions: maxwyatt and Admin
F
Fred
One rainbow, one hatchery hen with eggs and one native buck safely released. My first native and male winter steelhead ever. Finally getting some fish lol.

Reactions: maxwyatt, my2labs and Admin
fish4food
fish4food
spent yesterday fishing with Joe Mello (reelmellofishing) put a hurt on them hooked 16 landed 11 here's a few pics

87026390_815014558986220_1938611893677588480_n.jpg

Reactions: maxwyatt, jamisonace and Admin
jamisonace
jamisonace
Tried a new adventure today. Took the sled to a (kind of) new area. I had fished it before but the conditions were not great. Today the conditions were better and we managed to find a couple. It is hard to find water that isn't crowded down here. We fished about a 3 mile stretch today and only saw 4 other boats until we got close to the takeout where it was busy.

Reactions: Admin
Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Busy day on the river yesterday. Didn't get to fish all of my preferred spots but managed to hook this nice native fish. Looked to be 28" based on my net. Nice to get my "tug" fix.

Steelhead 2-22-20 Sandy1.jpg

Reactions: hobster, jamisonace, my2labs and 1 other person
my2labs
my2labs
count one for my boat...

Buddy and his girlfriend came to visit hoping to get him his first time on the sticks and her first steelhead.

Accomplished both.

He made a few bankies mad by rowing across their water.... but he did pretty well overall.

And she hooked and landed her first steel on her first trip chasing them.

Great day!

078137EC-AED8-4EAE-A84D-68144AE6B9E6.jpeg

Reactions: hobster, rogerdodger, Hooked Up and 1 other person
jamisonace
jamisonace
Had a scare on Saturday when my jet shut down due to no oil. Super stupid move on my part. Ran it hard for 7 hours and never checked the oil level. Took it to the river today to see if it was blown or not. Good news is, it is running fine. Better news is I found this girl on my second pass.

IMG_20200224_161041.jpg

Reactions: Hooked Up, maxwyatt and Admin
C_Run
C_Run
1 for 2 today. I still haven't found a hatchery fish- 5 wild since Christmas.

P1050027 - Copy.JPG

Reactions: Hooked Up, Admin, my2labs and 1 other person
jamisonace
jamisonace
Personal best this afternoon. Doesn't look like it from the pic but it was a pig. At least 14lbs. Umpqua fish have been big this year.

IMG_20200302_154119.jpg

Reactions: Hooked Up and Admin
C_Run
C_Run
Finally got a hatchery fish plus one wild in some pretty low water yesterday. I handed the rod OFF to this young lad who is just getting interested in sport fishing. He's learned the long-arm quite well.

P1050065 - Copy - Copy.JPG

Reactions: maxwyatt, Hooked Up, my2labs and 1 other person