Winter Steelhead Show OFF 2020

my2labs

Most Featured
Yesterday and today after work. Hooked two others. I tried at getting pics but when I'm alone its difficult to say the least. If someone has a suggestion to get good selfies with fish that will be released, I'm all ears.
A go pro is helpful

C_Run

I have my little waterproof Panasonic Lumix in my pocket ready to go and can do it with one hand. Sometimes it's too hard, though, trying to unhook a wild fish at the edge of the water, take a picture, and he wants to have a wrestling match.

Fred

Hooked into two with a spinner this evening. I woke up and was bored of stocked trout fishing, so I went steelhead fishing late in the day and it paid off lol. I think the one I landed is a hen and the one I lost a slightly larger buck.
IMG_0130 (1).jpeg

brandon4455

Went on our last trip of the season recently. Didn’t disappoint. We went 5/7. Did a little jig testing/development.. new pattern outfished the usuals. Always fun and a pleasant surprise when that happens.

Attachments

jamisonace

The crowds down south came on like a virus this steelhead season. Seems every ding dong with a drift boat decided to become a guide. Now that they've died off all of a sudden it's been great getting out. Pics from this weekend.

Attachments

brandon4455

The crowds down south came on like a virus this steelhead season. Seems every ding dong with a drift boat decided to become a guide. Now that they've died off all of a sudden it's been great getting out. Pics from this weekend.
Seems that way anywhere anymore. Even non stocked hush hush places are full of googans now. Nice fish!

jamisonace

Seems that way anywhere anymore. Even non stocked hush hush places are full of googans now. Nice fish!
It's insanity down here the last couple years. 30 boats per drift. Parking lots full. Honestly tho, at least the guides know what they're doing and have a system they all follow. It's the weekend warriors that only come out when they hear "its hot" that drive me batty.

My plan this season was to go where other people were not, scratch out a couple fish and have a pleasant day. I only got caught up in the crowds a couple times and I still only got 2 or 3 fish anyway.

brandon4455

It's insanity down here the last couple years. 30 boats per drift. Parking lots full. Honestly tho, at least the guides know what they're doing and have a system they all follow. It's the weekend warriors that only come out when they hear "its hot" that drive me batty.

My plan this season was to go where other people were not, scratch out a couple fish and have a pleasant day. I only got caught up in the crowds a couple times and I still only got 2 or 3 fish anyway.
It’s pretty rough these days man. Still worth it for the fish to an extent though. A plus is most of those people don’t know the river as well as some of us and there are still fish if ya work for em. lot of this is the product of unfortunate fisheries mis management that has led to everyone congregating at a handful of rivers. That and social media. I ran into a big group from Washington on my favorite stream that I don’t see hardly anyone on. Super disappointing, but still had a decent year. There have been a good amount of fish around

Top Bottom