Winter Steelhead Show OFF 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
jamisonace

jamisonace

Most Featured
Had a scare on Saturday when my jet shut down due to no oil. Super stupid move on my part. Ran it hard for 7 hours and never checked the oil level. Took it to the river today to see if it was blown or not. Good news is, it is running fine. Better news is I found this girl on my second pass.

IMG_20200224_161041.jpg

jamisonace

jamisonace

Most Featured
1 for 2 today. I still haven't found a hatchery fish- 5 wild since Christmas.
Nice Chris! We should try to find a time to hit the Elk when you're in Bandon and the water conditions allow. I'll make a trip to the coast if the stars align.

jamisonace

jamisonace

Most Featured
Personal best this afternoon. Doesn't look like it from the pic but it was a pig. At least 14lbs. Umpqua fish have been big this year.

IMG_20200302_154119.jpg

my2labs

my2labs

Finally got a hatchery fish plus one wild in some pretty low water yesterday. I handed the rod OFF to this young lad who is just getting interested in sport fishing. He's learned the long-arm quite well.
Good on yah for passing the rod! Giving someone the opportunity to fight a steelhead for the first time is a special privilege.

C_Run

C_Run

I was glad to pay it forward. I didn't start until my late 40's and then I had a good mentor who handed me the rod a bunch of time until I finally could catch something on my own.

jamisonace

jamisonace

Most Featured
Finally got a hatchery fish plus one wild in some pretty low water yesterday. I handed the rod OFF to this young lad who is just getting interested in sport fishing. He's learned the long-arm quite well.

Way to keep after it Chris. Pray for rain on the South Coast so we can get out down there again!

maxwyatt

maxwyatt

Got lucky today and went 2/2. Second one was a good fighter. I almost lost it when it wrapped the line around a twig and then again, when it zipped off from the bank.

20200305_200414.jpg

Artwo

Artwo

I've been having a not so stellar season compared to last season so far up until this weekend...........

Saturday I landed a nice brite hatchery hen, literally on my last cast for the day......

Sunday I went 2/2 in my first six casts of the morning landing a smallish native buck and a really nice brite larger native hen......

Hopefully this is an indication of a better season moving forward. It was karma I think, I helped out a newbie last weekend getting him setup properly and giving him some jigs that have been working where I fish........

Hooked Up

Hooked Up

I've been having a not so stellar season compared to last season so far up until this weekend...........

Saturday I landed a nice brite hatchery hen, literally on my last cast for the day......

Sunday I went 2/2 in my first six casts of the morning landing a smallish native buck and a really nice brite larger native hen......

Hopefully this is an indication of a better season moving forward. It was karma I think, I helped out a newbie last weekend getting him setup properly and giving him some jigs that have been working where I fish........

Good for you helping someone figure things out.

F

Fred

Personal best this afternoon. Doesn't look like it from the pic but it was a pig. At least 14lbs. Umpqua fish have been big this year.
Anybody know why some of the steelhead have very little of those black dots on their back and then some have a lot more?

maxwyatt

maxwyatt

Picked up a beautiful wild hen earlier today. No pic, the release got complicated, but she swam away free. :)

305to503fishermen

305to503fishermen

Last week I finally caught my first Steelhead. It almost was the authentic "Winter Steelhead" fishing experience I have heard of since moving here from Miami. My fishing pole eyes kept on freezing close with ice. At one point my hand froze to the pole. All and all it was a great morning of fishing getting 6 fishing to the boat and releasing 2 natives.

I am now hoping I can replicate it myself, so I don't have to pay for guide to catch fish lol.

On a side note, I began to cure my first set of eggs also. So if anyone has secrets they would like to share on Coho or Steelhead cures I am all ears.

IMG_0519.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG

troutdude

troutdude

Another addict is born! Those are all very nice silver bullets!

Were you fishing in the Miami River? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom