Winter Steelhead Show OFF 2020

OREGON FISHING FORUM

jamisonace

Most Featured
Had a scare on Saturday when my jet shut down due to no oil. Super stupid move on my part. Ran it hard for 7 hours and never checked the oil level. Took it to the river today to see if it was blown or not. Good news is, it is running fine. Better news is I found this girl on my second pass.

IMG_20200224_161041.jpg

jamisonace

Most Featured
1 for 2 today. I still haven't found a hatchery fish- 5 wild since Christmas.
Nice Chris! We should try to find a time to hit the Elk when you're in Bandon and the water conditions allow. I'll make a trip to the coast if the stars align.

my2labs

Most Featured
Finally got a hatchery fish plus one wild in some pretty low water yesterday. I handed the rod OFF to this young lad who is just getting interested in sport fishing. He's learned the long-arm quite well.
Good on yah for passing the rod! Giving someone the opportunity to fight a steelhead for the first time is a special privilege.

C_Run

I was glad to pay it forward. I didn't start until my late 40's and then I had a good mentor who handed me the rod a bunch of time until I finally could catch something on my own.

jamisonace

Most Featured
Finally got a hatchery fish plus one wild in some pretty low water yesterday. I handed the rod OFF to this young lad who is just getting interested in sport fishing. He's learned the long-arm quite well.
Way to keep after it Chris. Pray for rain on the South Coast so we can get out down there again!

Artwo

I've been having a not so stellar season compared to last season so far up until this weekend...........

Saturday I landed a nice brite hatchery hen, literally on my last cast for the day......

Sunday I went 2/2 in my first six casts of the morning landing a smallish native buck and a really nice brite larger native hen......

Hopefully this is an indication of a better season moving forward. It was karma I think, I helped out a newbie last weekend getting him setup properly and giving him some jigs that have been working where I fish........

Hooked Up

I've been having a not so stellar season compared to last season so far up until this weekend...........

Saturday I landed a nice brite hatchery hen, literally on my last cast for the day......

Sunday I went 2/2 in my first six casts of the morning landing a smallish native buck and a really nice brite larger native hen......

Hopefully this is an indication of a better season moving forward. It was karma I think, I helped out a newbie last weekend getting him setup properly and giving him some jigs that have been working where I fish........

Good for you helping someone figure things out.

Fred

Personal best this afternoon. Doesn't look like it from the pic but it was a pig. At least 14lbs. Umpqua fish have been big this year.
Anybody know why some of the steelhead have very little of those black dots on their back and then some have a lot more?

Artwo

Picked up a nice hatchery buck this morning......

It was really cool fishing in the snow this morning.......

brandon4455

Super fresh first cast of the morning a few weeks ago.I have hardly fished this winter. Good to at least check a winter fish off the list since I moved back. Hopefully a few more before season closes
0A3B2441-ABFE-4ADC-8CA5-D7DAA35BEDA5.jpeg
46FE93B2-6E9C-48A9-9A43-827C00E4B749.jpeg

Last edited:

Top Bottom