Winter steelhead 'on the rocks'

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
when the year starts 0-8 on winters and those were all just a head shake and flash or splash, you just keep fishing and sometimes, karma smiles at you...

also, P-line Floroclear has my stamp of approval but check the diameter, it runs small.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Markk, billfisher and Admin
troutdude
troutdude
What an epic battle! Well done!

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
In my spot again! Nice fish! That far bank kicks em out as well!

A
Aton
Nice video Rodger, although I will say I almost got sea sick watching it. Your right, you have to just keep fishing through the slump. Methinks I'm going to have to "sage smudge my aura and all of my gear" to get whatever funk that is on me, OFF of me. Seems like it is turning out to be a fairly decent run this year as well.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
'River-to-Table' picture from that night- Harissa rubbed, pan seared and oven finished Steelhead (collar/belly/backbone), razor clam chowder, garlic-parmesan flat bread and a Yamhill-Carlton Riesling.

yp88YoE.jpg

Reactions: Helihover, OnTheDrop and Admin
hobster
hobster
Awesome, cool video! That's a gorgeous fish, and what a fun fight. Looked like you had the river all to yourself, great way to get the skunk OFF!

B
billfisher
SWEET! You earned that beauty!

P
playhooky
Two words come to me after watching your video: “Pure Bliss” Nicely done. And that dinner setting...... doesn’t get any better than that.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
hobster;n610173 said:
Awesome, cool video! That's a gorgeous fish, and what a fun fight. Looked like you had the river all to yourself, great way to get the skunk OFF!

Thanks everyone, river was almost empty, there were maybe 2 guys across and up from me and a drift boat anchored just above me. If you heard me shout "fish on" it was mostly to alert them just to make sure they didn't pull anchor and drift through the hole, nobody wants to accidentally do that. They moved down while I was cleaning my fish and anchored at the far bank and within minutes had on what looked like an acrobatic 2 salt chrome hen, which was very cool and fun to watch until it ended sadly near their boat.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Great looking fish!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I
iHuntiGather
Congrats!

About to head out in 15 minutes for a day chasing steelhead again.