Winter steelhead 2019 show OFF

I have to admit, I was rowing and my friend Ferris hooked it side drifting roe. If you frequent Homewaters, you might know Ferris. He works the shop sometimes when Jason is guiding.

Last edited:

OnTheDrop

A little late to the 2019 party, but we found these two on the Coquille today. The little one on a pink wiggle wart about 12 feet OFF the boat. The bigger one is my first on a fly rod.

View attachment 615985 View attachment 615986
Shoot, hate to be the breaker of bad news, but these are Coho.. Sweet fish, but not Steel. I was waiting for Roger to see this, so here I am the bad guy 😅😅😅

TheKnigit

Shoot, hate to be the breaker of bad news, but these are Coho.. Sweet fish, but not Steel. I was waiting for Roger to see this, so here I am the bad guy 😅😅😅
That is what another buddy had said after I posted this. I could have sworn that the bigger one had a white gum line...but it has been a while. Either way they both had their fin and were safely returned with lots of fight left in them.

When you’re as blind as I am they all look the same on a smart phone screen. I have to say the technique and location should have been my clue though. LOL

OnTheDrop

That is what another buddy had said after I posted this. I could have sworn that the bigger one had a white gum line...but it has been a while. Either way they both had their fin and were safely returned with lots of fight left in them.
Totally, just being the Police and what not 😂

hobster

I have a feeling that winter steelhead are on the way, the Whittaker STEP trap went in today. :giggle:
You know they are! I actually swung by there yesterday on my way home and the trap wasn’t up yet. Did you see the big log under one of our favorite holes? Had the day OFF and tried for an early steelhead lower river on the bank. No luck but caught and released 5 silvers. Kinda felt bad since they are getting ready to spawn so I left after a couple of hours. All were hooked perfect, no bleeders and they did not leave the water. Was very careful with them.

D96B03B7-83AE-42F3-AB53-BDD603E683BA.jpeg

for ads free experience.

Top Bottom