Winchester Bay Fishing Reports

M
mosd
Went out on the ocean outta Winchester bay with my good buddy from 4 reel guide service chasing chinooks. At first was kind of hard getting out past the bar, cause the tide was ebbing pretty damn bad but managed to get out. Fish between the #1 red can and channel marker, red/white. the boat went 1/2 out there but it's just the beginning. Got nice clipped nooker.

early nookie.jpg

Reactions: Admin
S
steelhead_stalkers
Oh yeah! I can't wait. Had a great day out there last fall with Kyle Buschelman.

troutdude
troutdude
Nice report, and fish, MOSD!

E
eugene1
Awesome!

Giddy up,

R
rippin fish lips
Nice Fish Mosd. Seens lots of boats out there today

S
SteelieRn
Going to have to try that, Nice feeesh

B
Big Nigiri
Are there any salmon reports out of Winchester. I know a few weeks ago they were grabbing a few, just looking for a more recent update. Thanks.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Very slow. 25 boats out of Reedsport this morning. Nothing caught that I saw. 15 boats launched at Winchester Bay 6 or 7 fished the ocean around the mouth. Results were poor that I heard about.

B
Big Nigiri
That's a bummer. I might give it a try this weekend anyways.

M
mosd
See ya out there, I'll be running white smokercraft pro v sportsman 20 foot

B
Big Nigiri
Finally made it out there today. "Accidentally" crossed an Oregon bar for the first time. Not as scarry as I've read, but when the ocean is glass, what whould I expect. lol It seemed slow, but admittedly I am a rookie. Only caught a flat fish on a squid. Can't wait for next trip!!

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
Hoping to start the Winchester Bay Salmon season this weekend, there has got to be a few around.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Duckcross said:
Hoping to start the Winchester Bay Salmon season this weekend, there has got to be a few around.
I marked what appeared to be salmon just outside the mouth of the Coos the last time I went bottom fishing. Was wondering when they might start moving in and out of the bay.

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
They will be there I will have to find them the down riggers will be all over the water column. There has to be some Chinook around the commercials have been getting them, but we can't fish the depths they do.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Big Nigiri said:
Finally made it out there today. "Accidentally" crossed an Oregon bar for the first time. Not as scarry as I've read, but when the ocean is glass, what whould I expect. lol It seemed slow, but admittedly I am a rookie. Only caught a flat fish on a squid. Can't wait for next trip!!
ACCIDENTALLY!!!!!!!! accidentally is a two-way street. Always! always prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Ni I don't want to hear about you on the 11:00 o'clock news. Take care and be safe. Tony

Reactions: BrandonBeach
B
BrandonBeach
Well said!

This:

“ACCIDENTALLY!!!!!!!! accidentally is a two-way street. Always! always prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Ni I don't want to hear about you on the 11:00 o'clock news. Take care and be safe. Tony“

jamisonace
jamisonace
That bar is nothing on a calm day. Great fishing just outside the mouth when the fish are around. Good place to drop crab pots too.

B
Big Nigiri
Just wondering how the salmon fishing has been out of Winchester Bay. Are they near the mouth or miles out? Thanks.

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
We fished there this last week got one near the mouth all the others scattered north and south in 300' of water. We got to Keep 5 for two days of fishing not a bad start to the year.

B
Big Nigiri
Thanks. Hopefully I find the time to give it a try!

Reactions: Bo Peep
Top Bottom