Wilson River winter steelhead

S
seanteevlo
Went to the Wilson today and caught a nice hen within the first 20 minutes. Fished at the Elk Creek campground holes. No luck the rest of the day, very clear, cold, and low. Used a green corkie and yarn. pictures later. hope it rains!

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Fast catch

Fast catch

seanteevlo said:
Went to the Wilson today and caught a nice hen within the first 20 minutes. Fished at the Elk Creek campground holes. No luck the rest of the day, very clear, cold, and low. Used a green corkie and yarn. pictures later. hope it rains!

seanteevlo;
Welcome to our friendly lil neighborhood,glad tohave you here. Good work on getting that hen so fast. Problem with getting into them so fast means the rest of the day will probably drag. Keep us posted on your progress and do remember the pictures if possible. Be safe.
Barb

S
seanteevlo
Pics

Pics

Here is the pic. My dad's the one who caught the fish.

N
ninja2010
seanteevlo said:
Here is the pic. My dad's the one who caught the fish.

nice feeeesh. and welcome aboard.

keep catching and keep the pix coming.

P
phish-on
very nice. i was thinking about going today but didn't make it. might try wed or thursday.

S
SoylentGreen
pretty cool. I had a heck of a time fishing it when the water was so low. Nice to see someone can.

F
fishnquest
very nice. good job. welcome aboard the best forum around.
dale

T
thongprong
headed to the wilson in the morning. it's rained a bit and the bite should be picking up. Why hasn't anyone posted here since 2009?

T
Thuggin4Life
Because this isn't "the official Wilson river steelhead report" thread. it was just one guy making 1 report about 1 trip. and i didn't notice he date at first and almost replied to what i thought was a recent report which would have made me look like a fool, almost.