Wilson River questions

Fred

The last time I went to the Wilson was in September and I had 13 giant steelhead in front of me that would not bite :mad:. After leaving that spot we went to 7 other spots and about 5 of them had signs saying salmon angling not allowed from, I think it was August something to December 1. Why are those spots closed to salmon fishing? The spots that they were posted on weren't way upriver and didn't look like spawning grounds. I think you're not allowed to fish for salmon past jones creek which makes sense to me. But all the spots we went to were below jones creek. They also looked like good spots for salmon fishing and they are all closed for salmon angling. For example, the place by the footbridge is closed to salmon angling during that time.
Now for my other question, anybody been to the Wilson recently and fished from shore. Are the salmon in the river yet?

EOBOY

First question it is closed above Jordan ck. 2nd question there should be but water is a problem right now. There probably are few down low , say Sollie Smith low.

Fred

EOBOY;n614397 said:
First question it is closed above Jordan ck. 2nd question there should be but water is a problem right now. There probably are few down low , say Sollie Smith low.
Thanks