Wilson River Monday!!

W
whyfish
Nice day, not many people on the river today. Caught my first Wilson Winter Steelhead on an egg-sucking leech. Just below Jones Creek and up-river from the Footbridge.

B
bigsteel
nice fish :clap::clap::clap:

S
skunk
Way to go, sounds like you had a great time.

C
Cohosanders
whyfish said:
Nice day, not many people on the river today. Caught my first Wilson Winter Steelhead on an egg-sucking leech. Just below Jones Creek and up-river from the Footbridge.

Welcome whyfish:clap: Good job landing a steelie on the Wilson ...on the fly:D

T
Thuggin4Life
Good job man!

F
fishwithdynamite
Nice job getting one out of the Wilson.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Nice catch!

Nice catch!

Congrats on your first steel! :clap: :dance:

W
watchout trout
Great job. Nothing better than steelhead on a fly. Were you swinging or dead drifting? The purple egg sucking leech is my go to steelhead fly in the valley.
wt

W
whyfish
Swinging. Nice soft water, with a bit bump to it, about 4ft. deep.

Started out with weights on the line. Kept snagging on the bottom. Removed the weights, since my fly had some weight built into it, I decided to just drift it through the run. I could feel the fly bumping off the bottom after removing the split-shot, so just kept my set-up like that.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, everyone.

A
azntechi3206
That’s awesome! i went out to cedar creek and got skunk like always but I wasn’t alone just like many others that were there but i did see one other person caught one though boosted my confidence a bit and then it went down the drain :)