Wilson River history question

B
beaverfan
So I have a couple questions about the history of the Wilson River. First one is why did they name up above where the south fork is Devils Lk. Fork? Second one I heard one time there used to be some rail road tracks that followed at least part of the Wilson and that at least at one point you can still follow the tracks for a ways and that if you follow them a ways there is an old cabin and apple orchard? Anyone ever here this rumor before?

G
GDBrown
Tracks by the river.

Tracks by the river.

beaverfan said:
So I have a couple questions about the history of the Wilson River. First one is why did they name up above where the south fork is Devils Lk. Fork? Second one I heard one time there used to be some rail road tracks that followed at least part of the Wilson and that at least at one point you can still follow the tracks for a ways and that if you follow them a ways there is an old cabin and apple orchard? Anyone ever here this rumor before?

Next time your down on the river stop at the new forestry center they built and they will most likely have the answers to your questions. I have heard and seen of the tracks but don't remember where, as for the cabin I've not seen or heard of it. Have you googled the history of the river?

B
beaverfan
Ya I did and didn't come up with a whole lot. Just basic encyclopedia entries.

G
GDBrown
beaverfan said:
Ya I did and didn't come up with a whole lot. Just basic encyclopedia entries.

Try the Tillamook county history center. They might know more. You want to go down today?

B
beaverfan
Unfortunately I have a doctor appointment in an hour so that's a no go. I wish though, I've only got like 5-6 casts on my new rods and it's killing me.

G
GDBrown
Understand....

GD