Wilson River cuts and then some....

G
GDBrown
Iv'e been out of town for a few days and finally got around to sharing this story.

Last Friday evening I decided I needed some anti-depressant. So I took the 4wt and headed for the Wilson to play with the cuts for a while. I hit two or three of my favorite holes with some success. About an hour before dark (when you can't see to walk back to the car) I got into some nice cuts, one was about 14 inches and the hatch was heavy with fish rising everywhere. Then all of a sudden it stopped! I took three more drifts with the elkhair cadis and I knew why. The bats had come out for diner:shock: They were all over the place. Including the end of my line.

WilsonRvrBat.png

I felt really bad but I wanted my favorite fly back, so I truched a quarter mile back to the truck so I could get my leather gloves and set the little guy free.

WilsonRvrBat2.png

I left him on the side of the tree and put my gear away. When I went back to check on him he was gone!

So the evening cured my depression:lol: but boy did I have a back ache when I got home.:wall: it took five minutes to walk around the truck and into the house. I let the Valium work for half and hour then crawled up stairs to bed.

Sometimes the fly rod is for serious fishing!!!!

GD

T
the_intimidator03
Lol nice job, Kudos on the bat and effort put forth in releasing it with minimal damage

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
The right thing to do..

The right thing to do..

GD;
I applaud your humanitarianism! :clap: Hope you're feeling better. :)

M
metalfisher76
I`ve hit `em with my line but never actually hooked 1! Good release!!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Yeah no kidding! I have had them pick up my fly line off the water but never had one get the fly! Determined little guy, great hearing to boot!!