Wilson Report - 8/9/09

C

chris61182

Went fishing on the Wilson today, like everywhere the water is way down and crystal clear. I arrived a little after 1pm, donned the polarized glasses and could see the pools just filled with fish. Even a 1/16oz spinner wasn't small enough to keep from spooking the fish in the slow pools, and since I didn't have anything smaller I moved up into the faster water and that seemed to do the trick. I had pretty much non-stop action from the resident cutthroats, with the occasional take down from a searun.

I only saw a few steelhead and they were sticking to the slow pools and acting especially spooky. Despite that I managed to convince one to bite by going with a bigger spinner but he threw the hook after only a couple of seconds of taking line.

F

Fishtopher

Nice report Chris. Of storebought spinners, that one the fish is hangin from is among my favorites.

C

chris61182

I definitely like those spinners, it also doesn't hurt that they're the most inexpensive spinners I've found yet.

W

wrestlerstud32

where on the river is this? what are some good spots? just wondering. thanks

C

chris61182

I don't know the names of any of the holes but I was below the forestry center. Pretty much every hole should have fish in it so get out there and find an empty turn out.

J

JeeperGal

I was on the wilson, too

I was on the wilson, too

I was done by 1 or so though, I hit the river at 6am and caught me a nice steelhead

I think the wilson is my new favorite river :cool:

S

starion87le

Anyone feel like showin a newb the ropes?:pray: I'm thinking about heading out to the wilson this weekend on Sat. morning or one of these nights after work this week. I'd be more than willing to drive!:dance: I've been fishing a few different places the last few weeks but I'm still having issues!:( If anyone is interested in heading out to the wilson, please PM me!

Ron

F

FishTastic

:think:would sure like to know how that photo is taken so well with that fish about to strike the lure?

Also would you be able to tell me what lure that is in the picture with the fish hanging from it? Thanks and keep up the good work.

C

chris61182

:think:would sure like to know how that photo is taken so well with that fish about to strike the lure?

All I'll say about that is that things aren't always what they seem to be. :D

Also would you be able to tell me what lure that is in the picture with the fish hanging from it? Thanks and keep up the good work.

Blue Fox Flash Spinner, I buy them in the bulk packs from Walmart. Last I looked they worked out to be 99 cents each, and they're excellent spinners.

F

FishTastic

All I'll say about that is that things aren't always what they seem to be. :D

Blue Fox Flash Spinner, I buy them in the bulk packs from Walmart. Last I looked they worked out to be 99 cents each, and they're excellent spinners.

OK fair enough. Went to the Wilson Monday after work and I was rewarded with a couple nice cuts. There are fry or smolts everywhere!

R

Rafalova

What Should I Use on the Wilson?

What Should I Use on the Wilson?

Hi, Folks:

I'm a pretty experienced steelhead fisherman form the Rogue Valley, but recently moved near the Wilson. I'm sure the steelhead are long gone. Am I right?

What I'm wondering is this: what bait works to get into some good fish during the late summer, early fall on the Wilson? Spinners? Crawlers? Eggs? Also, what do you all use for coho?

Thanks!

Adam :0)

Top Bottom