Wilson or Sandy??

H
here2fish
Trying to decide on the Wilson or the Sandy for tomorrow. I fished the sandy today and lost one in 7 hours. I saw about 6 summers come out and one springer. I will go there tomorrow If I don't here anything good about the Wilson. Wilson is closer to me and I don't know it to well so I would like to find some spots. But if the fish aren't up yet I don't want to wast my time. So if any one has been up to the Wilson lately I would love to hear about it.

K
Kodiak
Shhhh don't tell!

Shhhh don't tell!

A little birdy landed on my shoulder and whispered in my ear that the springers in the upper tualatin just showed up...then he took a crap and flew off.

H
here2fish
tualatin??

tualatin??

So how do I get there? Are they in there in numbers?

H
here2fish
finalllllllly!

finalllllllly!

Got that skunk off. Been to the Sandy the last three days, an finally today was the day. I started off at the meat hole and, got bored started walking back towards the creek fishing as I went. Nothing....so I went back to the creek for a last ditch effort and after a few casts I felt my drift come to a halt where it shouldnt have. Slam I set the hook but still no throb....hmmmm....doesn't feel like a summer. Is it a snag?!?! Then after I reeled in a bit the fish ran down stream....fast! After about 2 minutes it rolled and confirmed that it was not a summer but a small springer :D just got home about to bbq :D :D

F
FreshMoneyFisher
here2fish said:
Got that skunk off. Been to the Sandy the last three days, an finally today was the day. I started off at the meat hole and, got bored started walking back towards the creek fishing as I went. Nothing....so I went back to the creek for a last ditch effort and after a few casts I felt my drift come to a halt where it shouldnt have. Slam I set the hook but still no throb....hmmmm....doesn't feel like a summer. Is it a snag?!?! Then after I reeled in a bit the fish ran down stream....fast! After about 2 minutes it rolled and confirmed that it was not a summer but a small springer :D just got home about to bbq :D :D

Sweetness...good work dude!

F
FishSchooler
Kodiak said:
A little birdy landed on my shoulder and whispered in my ear that the springers in the upper tualatin just showed up...then he took a crap and flew off.

Upper tualatin? Tualatin river? That can't be right...

H
here2fish
tualatin

tualatin

I did some research on the Tualatin and apparently they do get some salmon up there. The only thing is that if you like to eat the fish you catch this probably isn't the best spot.

C
chris61182
Kodiak said:

So when you say upper Tualatin, are you referring to the Gales Creek run or is there another run that stays in the Tualatin which I haven't heard of?