Wilson looks good but a lil fast

A
aka trouble
went to the river with my dad had a amazing day ...... stoped by dead line hole nothing moving or striking so we went farther down to are other hole and nothing again.......so we headed to last hole that always produces and wow there were there just not willing to bite anything we counted six in in the hole 3 dark 3 cromers... if anyone wants to go fishing at this hole im willing to go again.... yarnballs.... eggs. bobber and pink worm and salmon oil and shrimp oil and anise nothing workd open for suggestions......

B
BlackBass
Hmmmm maybe those fish would bite a jig fished properly. If you can see the fish then they may already know your there. If you add visible leader . to big of a bait profile, the wrong/to much scent , to much lead, wrong color yada yada it can become frustrating. Next time you can see fish try fishing smaller baits without scent, jigs under a float, or a single corky and a split shot. Good luck next time , and thanks for the report.l

C
Cohosanders
I will go with you some time aka trouble. How is this Friday looking for you?Try a variety of spinners. I know people that fish that river exclusively with spinners. Spoons might work too!

Last edited:
N
n8r1
I'm hitting the Wilson after work tomorrow evening but I probably won't even be on the water until 5:15 or so. It's my only chance to fish for a little while...

A
aka trouble
well friday sounds good for me maybe i can get civic fun to go too....wat time and where u thinking we cud meet up ... i may go tonight after my wife gets her new car today otherwise friday im down to go coho... i dont think i know how to fish spinners in fast water tho......btw how early u gona want to go friday?

N
n8r1
Just got back from the Wilson. I only had a few hours to fish, so I hit that stretch of deep holes right at MM 21. First I tried eggs and yarn under a bobber and then switched to drifting. When those didn't work, I went with a pink Blue Fox Spinner. Unfortunately I came home empty handed. Not even a nibble.

Good luck to you guys tomorrow. Hope you fare better than I did.

A
aka trouble
well took wife to are favorite hole she hooked two luckers one looked b over 30 inches but it did the old stealhead jump and spit the3 yarnball at us....... second one did same thing...... any body want to go tommorow?i didn't even get bite im sad....

Last edited: