Wilson and Nehalem River trout.

T
tdocta
I heard a nasty rumor that Trout fishing in the Wilson and Nehalem River was either restricted or all together not allowed this year. Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor. Ive checked online but can't seem to find any info. Thanks for any help.

C
chris61182
First off, welcome!

Now for the trout; unless there's a very recent rule change I've yet to hear about the news is actually the exact opposite. For the first time in a very long time retention is being allowed on north coastal streams. 2 fish per day 8" minimum.

Just be sure to double check the regulations for where you intend to fish, there are still closed areas (Devil's Fork Wilson for example).

T
tdocta
Thanks for your help ill be sure to check.

F
frodog
I sure hope not

I sure hope not

I was just fish the upper nehalem last weekend and caught and released sixteen cutthroats most of legal size to keep but i like being able to go back and catch them again some other time. I almost had to keep one as he took the hook down deep but some timely resusitation and he was going again.

D
dale
hey guys im new to the site and love everything i have read so far. i just wanted to say thanks to chris61182 for your post about favorite lures it was posted a few months ago i ust read it and never heard of a bang tail so i went and baught 2 of them this weekend and took my trusty rooster tail well needless to say the bang tail will be my go to lure now i caught i think 12 cutts on it and nothing on the rooster so thanks.