Willy

N

nwkiller

hows everyone doing for springers in the willy in portland after all this nasty weather, has it changed much, are they still gettin slayed?...just asking cause im gonna be fishing it on saturday. thanks guys

N

nwkiller

ok, i guess no one is fishing the willamette in portland for springers! awesome, rivers mine..all quite and no one around....lol:D

T

Thuggin4Life

From what I have heard its really muddy but who know what it will look like on saturday my info is a few days old. seams like everyone is on the cloumbia below the deadline. i will be out on saturday launching from st' johs so If you see my boat say hi. Not sure if you have seen it buts its the 12'er that looks like a weed bed with a 15hp merc on the back and three guys in it.

D

dude young

If you are going to be targeting sea lions, you will fill your boat in a half hour. Been out a couple of times this week and that is pretty much all you see from Meldrum to the Falls. Maybe there is fewer of them farther north. But, I haven't been down that far, so I don't know.

Moral? Go to Crescent Lk. and fish for Lakers as big as Springers.

T

Throbbit _Shane

If you are going to be targeting sea lions, you will fill your boat in a half hour. Been out a couple of times this week and that is pretty much all you see from Meldrum to the Falls. Maybe there is fewer of them farther north. But, I haven't been down that far, so I don't know.

Moral? Go to Crescent Lk. and fish for Lakers as big as Springers.

Im down for fishing for Lakers, if anyone ever has a open seat let me know :D

F

Fish Fight

hows everyone doing for springers in the willy in portland after all this nasty weather, has it changed much, are they still gettin slayed?...just asking cause im gonna be fishing it on saturday. thanks guys

The river is still blown out and the color isn't back. I tried to fish it Wednesday but the current is ripping. 300' of anchor line to hold in the main channel and 250 ft to hold in the frog water. 6oz of lead to fish a prawn spinner. Water is 47 degrees.

I stopped by Sportcraft this morning to take a look and the color is improving but still not there. The current is still ripping. It won't be fishable until next week.

The columbia will be your best bet for a salmon.

T

The Nothing

backtroll, they're out there.