Willy Fishin'

A
ArcticAmoeba
Got out on the lower end of the Clackamas today with my buddy Alan. Started out sidedrifting, but the wind got the better of us, and we ran divers, n' bait in the rest of the Clackamas. But all we got were some weak takedowns, and a couple really nice stick fish to the boat, and decided to hit the Willy at the confluecne with the Clackamas. I got the first one siedrifting since the wind was playing ball for that pass. Nice little fish, about 5 pounds or so, but.... Had a fin, so it got the immediate kick back to the drink. And hour or so later pulling divers, Al gets whacked in the back by a pumping rod... Fish on. And what a beaut! Almost double the weight of the fish I hooked, and twice as bright. But alas, non amptuated, so he got released as well. Had a great day of pretty easy going fishin, and its always nice to get a couple to the boat. Shortly, Alan will be guiding the Clack primarily, and the other tribs as well, but he knows that river better than anyone, and fishes better than most on the water, regardless of where. So in due time, I will throw up a little post with his contact info for guided fishing adventures. You would not be disappointed. Good luck out there all, and keep after it, the fish are in there. Hope you like the pic. Great looking fish, and full of spunk were both of 'em!

DSC00026.jpg

Last edited:
M
metalmania
Good job you two, looks like ya'll had a pretty good time out there. Wish I was still gettin into them like that. Laste few days i've been smellin really skunky.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Ah, really, I honked at you the other day when I saw your truck down low on the creek. I got into a half dozen up high, albeit most were very dark, and walked with two the same day I hooked the Bubble Gummer. Must have all blasted up to the top. Thanks for the good words man! Appreciate it!

M
mikeredding
Nice Chromer!

G
GreenDrifter
:D Nice fish :D I was ready to quit my job so I could fish today!! Sooooooo nice!!!!!!!

M
metalmania
I fished the hatch holes on monday and didn't see a damn thing. And only saw a few role down low. Maybe you have some supernatural powers your not telling us about. Do lightbulbs dim when you walk by? Haha. You guys are good, thats all I can say.

A
ArcticAmoeba
No, neither of us have powers, but we do seem to remember where fish like to hideout...;):lol: The hideout word was key there. I grew up fishin Winters from it, and Alan has fished all species in it for close to 10 years or so. I guess that all helps too, but at least you are getting into fish this year. Not many have come back yet, or ever will. WEird year to say the least.

K
Kodiak
Sic Fish

Sic Fish

Alan sure does know what he is doing...obviously. I know he will do well.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Yes. He has no trouble putting me onto fish almost every trip out in that haggared old sled.:lol: I just get to reel 'em in when I'm on his boat! The pilot is the one fishing, riders are just holding graphite sticks, and metal spools full of thin plastic rope. On top of the fact that he is just a nice guy when you are out fishin on his boat. I have learned so much about proper boat bashing it is disgusting. When I can tell another pilot that he should shift out 10 feet...And he does, then a rod buries! Confidence catches fish, and Alan is very confident. Extremely. I'm glad that part of his personality has rubbed off on me! Haha.:D This Spring man. We will all get after some brute chromers, for sure!

N
nw5785
Nice fish! :cool:

N
ninja2010
cool looking jacket. :D

and nice fish to boot! maybe someday i can get on that sled... :pray:

A
ArcticAmoeba
Jacket? You must be referring to his ten pound tackle box with arm holes! Haha.:lol: Columbia makes good stuff. The shell, as well as cuffs are water tight, so dunkin your fist to tail a fish is no problem. Won't leak up the arm.

Soon he will be a full time guide, instead of a Clam diving part timer;)...So a day on that deck will only be a phone call away.

K
Kodiak
So...

So...

:DWhat's he gonna charge me to get into a fat chrome nook this spring?

A
ArcticAmoeba
$6,329.86... :shock::lol: He will be on the way lower end of the guide price scale. Middle hundreds. Maybe. But give him a shout. Maybe if you catch a fish on your blades in his river, he'll give you a discount!;) Hahahaha, I'm just jerkin ya, but it'll be a fun trip I can assure you of that! And we now have a two boat hog line spot, that is guaranteed to produce some fat fish. The two pirates anchored up, and tied off! Whackin and stackin!

F
fishnquest
Great job, guys. Nice looking fish. Maybe I get to meet you guys some day.

F
FishFinger
ArcticAmoeba said:
$6,329.86... :shock::lol: He will be on the way lower end of the guide price scale. Middle hundreds. Maybe. But give him a shout. Maybe if you catch a fish on your blades in his river, he'll give you a discount!;) Hahahaha, I'm just jerkin ya, but it'll be a fun trip I can assure you of that! And we now have a two boat hog line spot, that is guaranteed to produce some fat fish. The two pirates anchored up, and tied off! Whackin and stackin!

Do you think He'll take small children in trade for a boarding pass? I talked to the wife and she says if I can bring home more fish on a regular basis she'd consider creating some little critters to negotiate with.... Complete with papers and the first set of shots

M
meluvtrout
FishFinger said:
Do you think He'll take small children in trade for a boarding pass? I talked to the wife and she says if I can bring home more fish on a regular basis she'd consider creating some little critters to negotiate with.... Complete with papers and the first set of shots

FishFinger: Aren't you supposed to be on the water by now?
Osmo: I'd like a 5 hour trip next time you have an opening please. Where do I sign? :)

K
Kodiak
I've tried

I've tried

FishFinger said:

I've tried that...didn't pan out, now I have a maching set, 1male,1 female, and all they do is cost money. Almost got'em swaped out for a pair of custom waders but the guy backed out at the last min.

F
FishSchooler
I might go on one trip just to see where all the fish hold... :rolleyes::cool: