Willy Coho

M
Markcanby
Where are the tribs that get Coho besides the Molalla?

A
adambomb
I hear the Tualitin gets a few, not sure if many make it to the upper willy

O
osmosis
santiam's get some, all of those creeks get some every couple years when a few get lost.. coho are known wanderers. anywhere they find wet rocks they are going to go.

I've seen them miles up deep creek and I know that almost every other creek that dumps into the clack gets some on higher water years. Hell they go up johnson creek in portland on occasion.

M
Markcanby
Just curious cause about 500 went over the falls so if I can fish the lower Molalla instead of the Clack I would be so happy:D:D.

O
osmosis
all I've got in the Mo have always had adipose fins so back in the drink they went. There should be some strays every year probably even clack fish going up there.

You're chances are probably about the same as winning millions on the lottery getting a clipper in the Molalla so buy a lottery ticket the same night you land a keeper!!!

Think of all the streams above the falls and divide every one of those creeks by the 500 fish. there are several thouasnd in the clack by now, and that equals more opportunity for dinner on the table.

M
Markcanby
Yes but in the Clack I have to divide the 1000s by the 1000s of guys.
I just want to catch one I dont really care if its a native.

kirkster
kirkster
I grew up on the MO started fishing it around 1980 or 81. Never fished much lower than the 211 bridge mostly from feyrer park up to horse creek. Ive never herd of a coho that went up that high. But like osmosis said they are wanderers so i think the coho you would catch around the canby area arent destined for the mo there just cruisin.

K
Kodiak
my babies are comming home!:dance::dance::dance:

C
Cracker
kirkster said:
I grew up on the MO started fishing it around 1980 or 81. Never fished much lower than the 211 bridge mostly from feyrer park up to horse creek. Ive never herd of a coho that went up that high. But like osmosis said they are wanderers so i think the coho you would catch around the canby area arent destined for the mo there just cruisin.
I caught two last fall above Pine Creek bridge. They will hang out at the mouth, and jump around just like on the Clack. A few head up the Pudding.

K
Kodiak
Cracker said:
I caught two last fall above Pine Creek bridge. They will hang out at the mouth, and jump around just like on the Clack. A few head up the Pudding.

No they don't....:mad:..Sending people where there is no fish:naughty:....By the way i'm the guy up there rod in hand fishing for nothing in a black ford, red graphics:cool:
There is more than just a "few" that head up there. I would guess close to 1500 or more...the counts only get the ones using the ladders.

C
Cracker
Kodiak said:
No they don't....:mad:..Sending people where there is no fish:naughty:....By the way i'm the guy up there rod in hand fishing for nothing in a black ford, red graphics:cool:
There is more than just a "few" that head up there. I would guess close to 1500 or more...the counts only get the ones using the ladders.

???