Willamina creek

D
dirtyd fishin
i live on willamina creek and i see salmobn and steelies run up all the time and catch monster cutthrout all the time:cool:

troutdude
troutdude
Is it legal, to fish for the Salmon and Steel in that creek? I've never been there, so I'm just curious.

brandon4455
brandon4455
nope..atleast i dont think so. they are all protected native fish as far as i know.

Reactions: markasd
S
Steelheader4Life
It does have a nice run of winter steelhead and coho's. It's not opened to either but you can fish the Yamhill for the Coho's all the way to Rock Creek located in Grande Ronde. They usually have lock jaw but I've caught quite a few on spinners when the conditions are right. Williamina Creek is only open for catch and release trout fishing from April 1st through August 31st and the deadline is Blackwell Park. I've caught some hold over steelies while trout fishing in the summer. I love this creek and I live 2 minutes from it. It's not uncommon to catch a few trout inthe 14-16 inch range.

D
dirtyd fishin
yera dude haha i live right on the river about a mile before blackwell pak

K
karlk
dirtyd fishin said:
yera dude haha i live right on the river about a mile before blackwell pak

you sir must have some good fishing, you get any salmon make it up there? you fly fish? I live right across from the yamhill coming into willy.