Willamette water levels

J
jesse202505
Hello fellow OFF members. So my brother and I will be fishing Oregon city area for some springers. We will be trolling on my 14 ft fiberglass. We are still new to this so I was wondering what Willamette fishes best at ?
If its too high I might just go try the Wilson from the bank.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

J
jesse202505
I thought Wilson fishes good at 6 ft.? Thanks for your reply.

M
mikeee2362
Good Luck Jesse and Irving!

Casting Call
Casting Call
OK Guys! Think outside the box! Find out where the gauge is for the current reading. Go five miles up river,what do you think the flow rate is (less huh!) If that's to fast and to high for you, go up higher! It's not rocket science! This fourmula works on all waterflows. Get the picture? If you come in from Portland stop and look at the waterflow at the hightest elev and work your way down. I've never known SF to be blown-out. Tony

Casting Call
Casting Call
jesse202505 said:
I thought Wilson fishes good at 6 ft.? Thanks for your reply.
Hi jess... that's at the gauge! The gauge is located @ Smith/Sollie bridge.Look-up USGS 14302020 gauge location for the wilson. It starts to drop today. Guess what the level will be @ mp19 sunday miday? GOOD!!!!! Tony

J
JeannaJigs
The willamette is raging liquid poop near my house and I'm at river mile like 150 in Eugene so...I imagine it looks pretty crappy down low, that's said it's not really so much about level as it is cfs and clarity when you're talking about the willamette cluster from a boat.

D
DrTheopolis
Pretty much with Casting Call here.

At 6.0, the lower river is a bit tough to fish. The upper sections should be great.

Probably be mostly natives up that high this time of year, so handle them accordingly. Some of those Wilson native can be all-time bruisers.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Casting Call said:
Hi jess... that's at the gauge! The gauge is located @ Smith/Sollie bridge.Look-up USGS 14302020 gauge location for the wilson. It starts to drop today. Guess what the level will be @ mp19 sunday miday? GOOD!!!!! Tony
Anytime the gauge reads 6-9ft. it's go time at my locations. Theire are the rivers located with-in minutes of each other, Kelchis,Wilson, and Trask. The Kelchis will drop first, then the Wilson,then the Trask in that order all due to gradiant per mile. That all day fishing! Hop, skip and a jump. What else can you ask for? This is God's Country. Tony

D
DrTheopolis
JeannaJigs said:
The willamette is raging liquid poop near my house and I'm at river mile like 150 in Eugene so...I imagine it looks pretty crappy down low, that's said it's not really so much about level as it is cfs and clarity when you're talking about the willamette cluster from a boat.

I won't be going over the Abernathy at OC, but I will be going over the St Johns Bridge in a couple of hours. Might even pop down into Cathedral Park, so I can give an update if anyone cares. You can see the Willamette Park/Ross Island stretch from I-5, too, so I'll take a peek and try not to crash into anyone.

I kinda overslept, and missed hooking up with my buddies to go participate in the Clackamas Fishing Derby. At 14 feet, we would have covered 9 miles quite quickly.

bass
bass
DrTheopolis said:
I won't be going over the Abernathy at OC, but I will be going over the St Johns Bridge in a couple of hours. Might even pop down into Cathedral Park, so I can give an update if anyone cares. You can see the Willamette Park/Ross Island stretch from I-5, too, so I'll take a peek and try not to crash into anyone.

I kinda overslept, and missed hooking up with my buddies to go participate in the Clackamas Fishing Derby. At 14 feet, we would have covered 9 miles quite quickly.

The Willamette is high and fast right now. Current has picked up a bunch over the past few days, turbidity is up, water temp has dropped a couple of degrees over the past few days. Overall not looking great for this weekend.

Also read on another forum that the bite is off at OC and that there is a ton of debris in the water. Guy was out all day and did not see a net fly.

Whatever you decide, be careful out there.

D
DrTheopolis
Still looked fishable at 3:30 when I stopped by Cathedral.

Didn't see a fish checker, and didn't talk to anyone. I did see the legendary Marvin pulling out.

Probably 20 trailers in the lot (didn't see any tweekers breaking into trucks, which is nice for Cathedral), but there was probably more earlier.

Sure looks like it's coming up in the Harbor, though.