willamette through spfld eugene

F
Finneus Polebender
Gonna do some rare fishin for critters other than bass tommorrow friend said we would motor up from d st or maybe drift down from baker ramp anybody been hittin this stretch lately if so any tips for this ol bass boy. been seeing a few boats out there so seems like sumthins goin on. Friend says water high but fishable thinks there should be steelhead /chinook in there now thanks FP

F
FishSlayer420
Good Luck to ya FP. A buddy and I floated from Dexter to Jasper last weekend we did not catch any big fish but they are in there thats for sure. How are you gonna be fishing?

F
Finneus Polebender
FishSlayer420 said:
Good Luck to ya FP. A buddy and I floated from Dexter to Jasper last weekend we did not catch any big fish but they are in there thats for sure. How are you gonna be fishing?

Buddy has a drift boat said somthin about motorin up from d st then driftin down sounds like perhaps back bouncing / drifting W/bait. Will let ya all know how it goes if nothin else will be good to be on the river again first time this year for the polebender.

Last edited:
F
FishSlayer420
I have caught a couple dinky LM in the rock flats right there and down from there in that slower water along the far bank. HOpe you did well today FP

J
JeannaJigs
There's definitely Salmon and steelhead (though there are more salmon right now) in there. I'm thinking of drifting from island park to beltline next weekend, I'd go this weekend but have to work today, and going to Odell when I'm done.

F
Finneus Polebender
FishSlayer420 said:
I have caught a couple dinky LM in the rock flats right there and down from there in that slower water along the far bank. HOpe you did well today FP

I caught a couple dinky LM in the flats by skinners butte couple years back kinda suprised me. Buddy had last minute job /thing come up so we will try the drift on sun or mon thanks for the info Slayer /Jenna he said thought there may be chinook possibilities laters FP

Last edited:
F
FishSlayer420
Oh yeah the river pigs are in there for sure. well good luck i might run down to Dst later tonight seein as how i live a stones throw away from it. Good luck FP

T
Thuggin4Life
We motor down and anchor up above the swirls and cast lures. A friend of mine hooked a steelhead 2 summers ago trout fishing off the boulders. BFishin caught a 10 1/2 pounder first trip out earlier this year on a little cleo.

F
Finneus Polebender
Thuggin4Life said:
We motor down and anchor up above the swirls and cast lures. A friend of mine hooked a steelhead 2 summers ago trout fishing off the boulders. BFishin caught a 10 1/2 pounder first trip out earlier this year on a little cleo.

Heard about them cleos brother in law kills em on the santiam with those will let ya all know how it goes

F
fishndad
good luck finneus

B
Bfishin
Like Thuggin said...About 1/4 mile down river from Roaring Rapids is an area where the water flows over and around some large cement boulders. There's
one section between 2 of those cement deals that the fish move through. I don't think they hold right there, but I know that's they're best path up the river. I've hooked 'em and so have guys I know. Both Salmon/Steel. Good luck out there. I'm rollin out tomorrow morning at first light. Either Bankin the Mac or floatin down to Pengra on the Willy. I'm hoping the float trip comes through tho.

F
FishSlayer420
You Drivin tomorrow? If so let me know got some meds for these headaches kinda hard to drive on em. I am kookin to roll. Here Nook Nook.Or I will settle with the steel for sure we should hit up greenWood and The Dam.

T
Thuggin4Life
FishSlayer420 said:
You Drivin tomorrow? If so let me know got some meds for these headaches kinda hard to drive on em. I am kookin to roll. Here Nook Nook.Or I will settle with the steel for sure we should hit up greenWood and The Dam.

I think the plan is to roll with davie so get on this band wagon and lets kill some fish.

F
Finneus Polebender
Thuggin4Life said:
I think the plan is to roll with davie so get on this band wagon and lets kill some fish.

I am scheduled for tommorrow mornin not sure thinkin d st area may do a drift from higher up so may run into you guys. saw several boats out of clearwater an many more from day island all the way to the skinner butte slot they are definitely after em out there

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
I think our plan is to bank it all the way up the mckenzie. I don't have a drift boat so d street is the only spot i have put it in the river so far. And its a little scary with the motor. Might try to float from up the dexter area but need someone who has done it before and I hate oaring. I'm thinking tide water in the fall. If you go up the mckenzie tomorrow you'll probably bump into us.

F
Finneus Polebender
Thuggin4Life said:
I think our plan is to bank it all the way up the mckenzie. I don't have a drift boat so d street is the only spot i have put it in the river so far. And its a little scary with the motor. Might try to float from up the dexter area but need someone who has done it before and I hate oaring. I'm thinking tide water in the fall. If you go up the mckenzie tomorrow you'll probably bump into us.

Right on good luck will give a full report on how it goes hopefully I can learn some more good stuff out there tommorrow FP

F
Finneus Polebender
beautiful day

beautiful day

At least the weather was nice and I am learning more and more every time I go no fish caught today buddy had two bites said one was possibly steelhead thought other was more likely a trout " had started touchin up w/roe when he got the second bite. 3 other boats out saw no fish landed . friend says corps. will start dropin flow fri . thinks it should fall in line quick , he said the water at the higher level though cold still looked very fishable and as long as the counts stay up should have good numbers movin through within a week or so gonna look to try again then. good luck all

T
Thuggin4Life
Seen a small steelhead boated right above us at while fishing below leaburg. Seen a guy packing a small chinook out of his boat at the leaburg park. Seen a lot of monkeys out fishing just about everywhere. But it was a nice day all the same. Heard some good reports from other fisherman today just wasn't the day. Also I don't think think I have ever seen worse roe than the roe we got at the vida store. After 2 cast you might as well have just used white yarn.

J
JeannaJigs
Thuggin4Life said:
Seen a small steelhead boated right above us at while fishing below leaburg. Seen a guy packing a small chinook out of his boat at the leaburg park. Seen a lot of monkeys out fishing just about everywhere. But it was a nice day all the same. Heard some good reports from other fisherman today just wasn't the day. Also I don't think think I have ever seen worse roe than the roe we got at the vida store. After 2 cast you might as well have just used white yarn.
haha NEVER buy bait of any kind from that store. I wouldn't even use their worms. Last time I got worms there, they were pretty much already dead...and forget the sand shrimp. Hopefully this week it'll pick up some there. Still pretty early for steelhead, but it's looking good for chinook. I can't decide if I want to go thursday or not, I shouldn't, and can't really afford the gas...but...I'm itchin' to go fishin'.

T
Thuggin4Life
JeannaJigs said:
haha NEVER buy bait of any kind from that store. I wouldn't even use their worms. Last time I got worms there, they were pretty much already dead...and forget the sand shrimp. Hopefully this week it'll pick up some there. Still pretty early for steelhead, but it's looking good for chinook. I can't decide if I want to go thursday or not, I shouldn't, and can't really afford the gas...but...I'm itchin' to go fishin'.

The guy was giving away the sand shrimp for free it was so bad.