Willamette River fishing reports 2015

Admin
Admin
:popcorn:

C
coyo7e
Spotted some really nice 30"+ fish on the middle fork, rising during a caddis (I think? Found a lot landing on me) hatch on Mother's Day. Met a dude who caught a 12 lb springer out of the town run through Eugene, bouncing blue foxes. Saw lots of native cuts caught in the town run as well, by a guy who was way better at drifting than I was. No fish worth mentioning for me, yet. ;)

P
pinstriper
Is this an implied Salmon/Steelhead thing ? 'cause I have been seeing (but not hooking, alas) some big fish jumping in the Willy off the Champoeg dock. One of these Sundays I'm gonna crack the code. They are flat out ignoring spinners. Need to head there with an assortment of plugs, and maybe a drop-shot or similar under a bobber is what's called for.

C
coyo7e
I don't really give a darn what fish you catch, I'm just looking for reports of anything that's not "yeah I sat on Sauvie Island and saw some fish and garbage" or "JC pond sure does have a lot of trash doesn't it?". I have no interest in trying to fish up there around PDX however it's all I've been seeing online.. I've had to meet people face to face to see proof of the fish in the water for the most part - on their phones.

I do spend probably 10-15 hours a week in the river around Eugene and Springfield when I can manage, I just am a rank newbie and mostly have been catching a sunburn and meeting some cool folks.

Maybe one day I'll l'arn myself good and start catching fish! ;)

L
Lurker
I had a pretty solid day catching large mouth after work yesterday. I was sad to see four other people fishing my spot. They all had bobbers and a five gallon bucket, which doesn't bode well.

C
coyo7e
Good way to get a ticket, sharing a bucket.