Willamette Park

I
IdahoNative
I ended up by Willamette park today and decided to scout it out for possible fishing spots. Does anybody know if this place is any good? The water looked a little shallow but I saw a lot of minnows and even a decent sized bass on the shoreline. I am looking to fish bass and trout from the bank.

B
Big3d
Willamette park near downtown or up above the falls? Makes a difference on how helpful I can be.

C_Run
C_Run
Then there is the one in Corvallis, too.

B
Big3d
I was unaware of that one entirely. The suspense is killing me. Which one is it??? Oh the humanity....

I
IdahoNative
I was unaware that there are so many. I have no idea if it is above or below the falls. I was in West Linn just off of I-205

B
Big3d
You are in luck, I know a few things about that area, it's above the falls, so its open for the trout salmon steel n sturgies only until 2 pm each day. The flat is the mouth of the tualatin, good LM spawning spot, I also caught the biggest yellow perch ever there, thought it was a bass at first. To your right, in the Tualatin itself are some rocks I imagine are loaded with salad right now. Good for smallies and I even pulled 2 carp outta there. Over to the left is the boat launch and off to the left of that is a seasonally available rock point that you can fish for anything on the main river from there. I hear of large catfish too, though haven't found any myself. My favorites for bass there are topwater and spinnerbait type lures. I know coho play in the area in the fall but I think boats have much better success than bankies there. I lived nearby but since have moved, I've spent days fishing that park, enjoy it and try all the different little ecosystems out there and I hope you find some monsters. Try tossing a worm out, you never know what you'll find on the other end!

I
IdahoNative
Big3d said:
You are in luck, I know a few things about that area, it's above the falls, so its open for the trout salmon steel n sturgies only until 2 pm each day. The flat is the mouth of the tualatin, good LM spawning spot, I also caught the biggest yellow perch ever there, thought it was a bass at first. To your right, in the Tualatin itself are some rocks I imagine are loaded with salad right now. Good for smallies and I even pulled 2 carp outta there. Over to the left is the boat launch and off to the left of that is a seasonally available rock point that you can fish for anything on the main river from there. I hear of large catfish too, though haven't found any myself. My favorites for bass there are topwater and spinnerbait type lures. I know coho play in the area in the fall but I think boats have much better success than bankies there. I lived nearby but since have moved, I've spent days fishing that park, enjoy it and try all the different little ecosystems out there and I hope you find some monsters. Try tossing a worm out, you never know what you'll find on the other end!

Thats what I was thinking about the rocks. I didn't see the rock point, I will have to check that out. I would love to catch some catfish again. Thanks for the info, hopefully I can check it out soon.