Willamette Mission State Park, Salem, Oregon

Y
Youngfishermen
Hey guys I found this lake while driving by And just wondering if anyone knows what kinds of fish are in ther. Thanx

M
Modest_Man
Lots of warmwater fish in the seasonally flooded channels and slough. Carp, bass, bluegill, pumpkinseed, black crappie, etc.

C
capblack
and catfish, but good luck keeping the carp off your line

M
Modest_Man
Yeah we had fun with the carp doing our electrofishing. We got 25 in 5 minutes. Quite the workout. I went back over the data and these are the species we found in the slough.

Invasive-
Common carp (34)
Yellow perch (20)
Black crappie (4)
Blue gill (21)
Pumpkinseed (17)
Largemouth bass (49)
Golden shiner (2)
Mosquitofish (12)
Smallmouth bass (1)

Native-
Redside shiner (12)
Chiselmouth (10)
Peamouth (30)
Largescale sucker (20)
Northern pikeminnow (18)
Prickly sculpin (16)
Pacific Lamprey (1)

Last edited:
Y
Youngfishermen
Yes I was wanting to catch carp there.

Y
Youngfishermen
Hey I fished The first dock on the end of the slough and did not catch any carp, but caught 2 bluegills,1 crappie, 1 pikeminnow, 1 bullhead, there was this guy fly fishing for bass and bluegills and did not catch anything, He said there's usually a whole bunch of bass but he did not here about people catching carp, he knows people fish for bluegills,crappie,bass,walleye,rainbow trout, but no carp. So I was wondering where you fish for carp and catfish???

M
Modest_Man
The slough doesn't have a dock. You're fishing one of the isolated ponds that seasonally flood. The actual slough is about a mile and a half walk down the bike and horse trails.

Y
Youngfishermen
Thank you Because I thought that something wasn't right.