Willamette in Eugene area

Q
qwapaw
What are the fisherman after this time of year that leave thier trailers for thier drift boats under the bridge on Belt Line ? I would love to hear Steelhead are in the river or Spring Chinook. I am handi capped and there are some parts of the river I can get to. That would be fun. Thanks qwapaw

Q
qwapaw
Thanks, I may try out a couple spots.

O
OnTheDrop
Trout, on zeeee Fly.

E
eugene1
qwapaw said:
Thanks, I may try out a couple spots.

Just downstream of the bridge on the gravel bar is a good bankin' it spot; easy to get to as well if you have a vehicle.

plumbertom
plumbertom
qwapaw said:
What are the fisherman after this time of year that leave thier trailers for thier drift boats under the bridge on Belt Line ? I would love to hear Steelhead are in the river or Spring Chinook. I am handi capped and there are some parts of the river I can get to. That would be fun. Thanks qwapaw
Dang, you sound like me.
I'm a bit mobility impaired although not entirely.
I can walk but not real well or really far.
I was down to the river yesterday and spoke with a guy that was doing some drift fishing.
He told me this is a good time to start trying for steelhead.
Said their always in the river there but this is when he starts.
I'll probably start heading down there regular in the next week, once I can buy fuel again.

plumbertom
plumbertom
eugene1 said:
Just downstream of the bridge on the gravel bar is a good bankin' it spot; easy to get to as well if you have a vehicle.
Yeah, but if you drive out there, make sure you keep on the firm packed gravel. A lot of that bar is loose cobbles and without four wheel drive, well, I've pulled a couple of PUs out with my 4x4.

Reactions: Troutski and troutdude