Willamette, bass around corvalis

A
alseaalumaweld
looking for some help where to find some good fishing around corvalis. wanted to fish the willamette on some back water not sure where? or lakes? fish outa my drift boat

F
Finneus Polebender
Not sure where to get boats in but the marys , and calapooia rivers are supposed to have smallies in them , and the hwy 34 gravel pit just east of town has LM.

A
alseaalumaweld
all have to try those rivers just to see if i can get something. intrested in drifting the Willamette. any help would be great

F
Finneus Polebender
alseaalumaweld said:
all have to try those rivers just to see if i can get something. intrested in drifting the Willamette. any help would be great

Sorry have not been on the willy north of harrisburg hopefully someone will chime in with some help.

A
alseaalumaweld
anyone?

S
simpsoti
You have a boat/float tube or are you bankin it? I just moved to Portland from Corvallis and spent a lot of time looking for bass around that area. One of my favorite spots is a slough off the Willy. It connects to a large pond that is located right across from the golf course on highway 34 as you are just leaving town on the right hand side (1/2mile past bridge). When the water drops a little bit, you can make it around to the left via a trail and access the entire pond. If you can make it around it is separated by a burm and a channel to the main slough. The main slough runs 3/4 mile or so back to the main river channel which you can access by boat and fishes really well all the way to the river, but is definitely some work to get a boat that far up. Both waters hold fish, and some really nice fish as well. I have caught some 5+ pounders here. There is a sketch abandoned bum camp in the woods by the burm, but have not seen anybody there in years. Google Maps

Three other great local places to fish are:
Buena vista ponds:
Google Maps

Freeway lakes (definitely 3rd pond, especially w/boat)-some monsters are caught here
Google Maps

Second Lake in Albany:
Google Maps

B
bassboy
The bums have moved back into their camps around the gravel pond, just a heads up to anyone heading out there. One group has a pitbull that just had puppies and is extra defensive...again just a heads up

S
simpsoti
Bummer! Maybe avoid that area unless you are boatin in. I wish the cops could run the bums out of there. I am sure they are breaking laws.

A
alseaalumaweld
went there today bum camps old mostly all over! its nasty needs cleaned up way more trash then one person can clean up. needs a get togther and clean it all up. came up fishless too. ya all be packing my pistol anytime i go back there!!!

A
alseaalumaweld
where on the Willamette, is good bank boat or other????????????????????