Willamete 6/19/2009

J

JASMINE

Fished the Willamete for smallmouth with a buddy on Friday, we launched out of Wilsonville at noon, fished until about 6pm, got worked bad in the passing rain shower that lasted for like two hours! Fishing was okay, I caught five, he caught 7, nothing huge, biggest probably around 1 1/2. We tried drop shotting and wasn't able to get any hits, caught all our fish on crankbaits, the fish seemed to be holding off logs near rocky areas. It was ton's of fun and can't wait to go out again!

D

dude young

Cool man. Nice work, and prop's on the dedication to your craft! I got soaked pedaling home in that storm, so I can imagine what you went through. The wind was pretty brutal, must have been choppy.

Where did you put in? I've got a small jon boat that I can pretty much set in anywhere, but a public launch would be nice. Thanks!

J

JASMINE

If you take the Charbenou (spelling) exit of 1-5 and go towards the river you will see a public boat launch, we launch out of there, it would actually be a great place if you have a small boat because you can fish right around the launch and catch fish at the docks or a couple of the wood and rock piles right across the river and to the left and right of the launch. good luck!

D

dude young

Thanks man! Will plan on hitting it after work some eve. this week. The days aren't getting any longer from here on out. Gotta take advantage of the post-work bass blast while I still can.

1bigfish

Thanks for the report JASMINE. I have a friend who fishes that area and he said it has been kind of hit or miss lately(last couple of weeks). Somedays 20 bass in 4 hours and somedays it is 4 or 5 bass in 6 hours.

PM sent.

D

dude young

I am going to find out tonight. Loaded the boat this morning and am heading down after work. Cough-cough, sneeze. Hey boss, I think I am coming down with something.

Going to try to stick it out 'till dark and hope for the big'uns on the buzz bait. Will report back later.

C

coyo7e

Allergies in the Eugene area have been horrific lately, I've had a half-dozen friends who were so messed up by their allergies they could hardly function. My dad's got this gnarly "smoker's cough" right now from nothing but allergies (he's never smoked a day in his life), and one of my coworkers took a sick day today because his allergies were so bad.

...What I'm saying is you have a ready-made excuse.. ;)

Top Bottom