Will be in Grants Pass September 25-26

D
Damon79
Wondering if there is any Chinook fishing near Grants Pass. Will be there for a couple days later this month and thinking I may bring a rod. Never been there fishing before so I dont have a clue where to go or even what to bring. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.... Damon

S
supertodd
Ya there will be fall chinook- they are starting to get kinda dark. There are several good places west of Grants pass. drifting corkies from the bank with a 4-51/2'( has to be less than 6') leader is always good or casting spinners like a #4 or 5 blue fox will catch Jacks. If you have a boat running wrapped plugs or bouncin roe. Finley bend is a nice deep slot with good bank access. Lots of spots in that section just look for people and watch how they are fishin. FYI- bank fisherman on the Rogue do not like people who use spiderwire or braided lines from the bank- just thought I would let you know for your safety.

S
supertodd
I have seen people threatened where I fish, and have seen one fight because of it.

S
steelhead_stalkers
supertodd said:
FYI- bank fisherman on the Rogue do not like people who use spiderwire or braided lines from the bank- just thought I would let you know for your safety.

The only people who would complain about you using braid are not necessarily doing things ethically if you know what I mean! I grew up in Grants Pass and know exactly the type of people you are talking about. Use whatever you need to use to get into fish as long as its not a 10 ft leader. ;)