Wild Water Fly Fishing rods

S
Spydeyrch
So, I have been looking around to get a second setup. I want to get something a little lighter than what I have right now. Currently I have an Echo Solo 9' 5wt 3 piece rod. I really like it. I like the weight, the feel, the action, the price. Granted I haven't had any other rods before and the only other fly rod I have ever used was a G. Loomis 9' 6wt, and that was once for about 5 hours. So I don't have a lot of experience in this area. But my main purpose for getting a lighter rod is for the smaller creeks, streams, and rivers around here that are a little brushy and won't take a longer rod. Plus a lot of the fish in the smaller streams and creeks that I like to fish are not going to get too big, so I would really like to feel them on the line. And with a 5wt, that really won't happen too much. Thus the desire for a smaller wt rod.

Anywho, I was looking online for a nice 3wt or 4wt rod. I found some nice ones on Cabelas and some other brands too, like Echo, TFO, etc. I am not the type of guy that needs to have the huge name brand rods. I don't think that I, with my limited experience and limited ability to recognize the slight differences, would really need something from a bigger name brand when I can get what I need/want from some of the other less known brands or recently emerging brands.

So I was looking online and found some nice ones but nothing that really stood out. I looked at Echo's 3 & 4 wt rods but the price was a little higher than what I was looking for. :naughty: Oh well .... or at least I thought so!!! hehehe :dance:

I picked up my June - July issue of Fly Fisherman and was browsing through its pages. I came across an add for WildWaterFlyFishing rods. It looked intriguing :think: so I got on line and looked at their products. I .... was .... surprised!!!! :shock:

You guys should check them out. They have some nice starter packages for those of us that are just starting out, that don't have endless wallets, or want to pick up an extra rod. After reading the reviews, they seem to be a pretty good company and have some good rods.
ns.

brandon4455
brandon4455
im buying the 35 dollar rod after i save up. will take me about 3 weeks :lol: well..actually i work twice this weekend so it will be faster then i thought. they look good. got a lifetime warranty too. can't beat that

S
Spydeyrch
brandon4455 said:
im buying the 35 dollar rod after i save up. will take me about 3 weeks :lol: well..actually i work twice this weekend so it will be faster then i thought. they look good. got a lifetime warranty too. can't beat that

Yeah, I can't believe the price on that rod!! the only thing I need to get now is a new reel & line. But they have those also at some pretty decent prices!!:dance:

Pretty sweet stuff if you ask me! :D

-Spydey

S
Spydeyrch
Oh and one other thing brandon, if you get the AX34-090-4 Fly Rod, which is that $35 rod, they will throw in one of their small fly boxes for $5!! The Small fly box usually costs like $15!! Sweet deal if you ask me!

-Spydey

M
Modest_Man
Have you checked out W.W. Grigg in Canby? That's where I picked up my 4wt and reel and backing and fly line for $50...

Granted, I don't know much about fly rods (first one) but I couldn't go wrong with the price!

S
Spydeyrch
Modest_Man said:
Have you checked out W.W. Grigg in Canby? That's where I picked up my 4wt and reel and backing and fly line for $50...

Granted, I don't know much about fly rods (first one) but I couldn't go wrong with the price!

Sweet man! I will have to check that out. Do they have a website? I guess I could just google them, right? That is a pretty sweet deal for a 4wt with reel and line!!

-Spydey

F
flytrekker1007
these rods look pretty sweet for the price, but what I have learned over time with any of my hunting of fishing stuff is you get what you pay for and you dont want to have to buy it twice. I had my st.croix triumph rod which was 60 bucks. It was decent but after feeling and casting other rods I wanted to get something better. Same goes for my hunting rifle. I bought a savage combo with a scope for 350 and the scope sucked and gun jammed. I bought the remington 700 with a new redfield scope and I love it and have had no issues with it, and no matter what brand of ammo goes in it, it still shoot dead on. With the money I wasted buying cheap I could have waited and bought what I really wanted. Just my 2 cents.

P
Panman
I have a Wild Water rod. However it is a 9 ft 4 wt. I have used the rod for several year with no complaints or problems. For that price I would consider buying.

Panman