Wild summers on the Clackamas???

W
waco
I got this bright fish and one guy told me it was a summer but other people saids there is no wild summers on the clack... what do you guys know or thing about summers run on this river??? Do you guys think this is a late winter?? Photo0206.jpg

C
chrisohm
Where at on the clack did ya land it? Could be a late winter...or maybe nature is playing tricks on us.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Hatchery fish spawn all the time out side of hatcheries.

W
waco
RunWithSasquatch said:
Hatchery fish spawn all the time out side of hatcheries.
Thats what i thought!! there is no way ODFW can control that!!!! If im not wrong i think the only true native fish of the Clackamas is the fall chinook!!!!

H
halibuthitman
never underestimate where a migratory spawning fish might end up... never say never-

R
RunWithSasquatch
halibuthitman said:
never underestimate where a migratory spawning fish might end up... never say never-

Yeah, I think fish "straying" is pretty substantial number in its own.

R
RunWithSasquatch
stray.JPG

M
metalfisher76
waco said:
I got this bright fish and one guy told me it was a summer but other people saids there is no wild summers on the clack... what do you guys know or thing about summers run on this river??? Do you guys think this is a late winter??

Good lookin winter bud! Just got 1 myself. He had just a touch more color but not much for this time of year. Kripes it`s June!!!

F
fish_4_all
If I can find the migratory charts I once found you will not be surprised by anything you find in the rivers. Native and hatchery fish from my systems up here being caught in the Snake and in Oregon rivers and Your fish turning up at hatcheries here in WA. Numbers are extremely small but even Alaska gets some of our fish and we get some of theirs.

J
jd15
waco said:
I got this bright fish and one guy told me it was a summer but other people saids there is no wild summers on the clack... what do you guys know or thing about summers run on this river??? Do you guys think this is a late winter??

summers do run in that river dude

brandon4455
brandon4455
jd15 said:
summers do run in that river dude

he meant wild summers. not summers in general.

X
XFactorTackle
Nice fish either way. My guess would be a summer steelhead. I'm with the other guys, I wouldn't say 100% of hatchery fish spawn in the hatchery either. That's like saying they are guarenteed to be in the river on a certain day...down here, lots of people say there are "no" winter steelhead in the Rogue system until Feb. but I catch plenty every year in Dec. and Jan. My point is, we can't predict where fish go or when...all we can do is catch them =)

R
rippin fish lips
pretty sure its a late winter... the run isn't completely over yet. they still trickling in