Wild steelhead

S
steelhead1
Landed three colorful little scrappers this morning. Got them on the Nestucca using bobber/jigs.Awesome day and had the river to myself.:D

• DSC00369(1).jpg
  • DSC00368(1).jpg
  • DSC00367(1).jpg
B
bigsteel
excellent

M
Moe
Beautiful fish!

M
markasd
nice fish... love that river.

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice fish! im guessing you were upriver from hebo quite a bit? hardly anything is being caught that low down.

G
gjonesjr
nice fish bro

A
Anyfishisfine
Very nice. It's nice to see report from some of the lesser fished rivers.

troutdude
troutdude
Huh? "Lesser fished"?

Very nice feeshes!

G
GDBrown
Those look like the one I caught on New Years Day, Only smaller!

Beautiful fish, I'll take a dozen any day!

GD

Gunga
Gunga
lucky. i went fishing there a couple weeks ago with my uncle. we didn't catch anything. not even a bite.

H
halibuthitman
I love those little nutterbutter natives... they fight like they weight 30 lbs! very interesting to catch 3 natives, all in differnt spawn phases, in the same day.. in the exact same size.. Pretty fish-

A
Anyfishisfine
troutdude said:
Huh? "Lesser fished"?

He said he had the river to himself, so I'd say that makes it less fished than places where this is not the case.

Unless I'm missing something about the meaning of having something to yourself.

Anyway most reports tend to be the bigger rivers. There aren't may reports about this river, and it is an interesting river to me because I grew up in that neck of the woods.

H
halibuthitman
Anyfishisfine said:
He said he had the river to himself, so I'd say that makes it less fished than places where this is not the case.

Unless I'm missing something about the meaning of having something to yourself.

Anyway most reports tend to be the bigger rivers. There aren't may reports about this river, and it is an interesting river to me because I grew up in that neck of the woods.
The nestucca is an extremely heavely fished river... but its a jem, and a lot of guys willing to make the trip all the way out there are not going to post a great day.. I have known the tucca to be going red hot and its a week or two before any of the forums really report on it.. even the guide report often leaves it out, so you are not incorrect in assuming its under fished, because it recieves less press. The beginner rivers like the wilson, clack,N F nehalem and sandy all constantly have reports becouse new steelhead fishermen have not quite figured out what a report of a good day today, will do to your day the day after tommorrow... the tucca, trask, kilchis, e.c and a host of other rivers are basicly not spoken of... becouse they contain a core group of anglers who are more expirenced and do not include all the details of a succesfull outting.

S
steelhead1
I dont worry too much about posting a report on this river,as it is a known destination, a fairly tough river, and it took a lot of work to have consistant success there. Besides, miles of hiking, several river crossings and actual physical exertion will keep 95% of the light beer drinking crowd in the "parking lot" holes. I was there for most of the day and didn't see another footprint in the snow,which is the way I like it.So on second thought,perhaps I should refrain from posting details on location and technique, but now the cat is out the bag! Oh well,I guess that I feel obligated to give a little back,after all, I learn a lot from the information that others so freely share on this site :)

F
fishingfreak
Nice Job! Beautiful Fish!

R
rippin fish lips
halibuthitman said:
I love those little nutterbutter natives... they fight like they weight 30 lbs! very interesting to catch 3 natives, all in differnt spawn phases, in the same day.. in the exact same size.. Pretty fish-

x2! nice fishees bro!