Wiild hour and a half..

S
Santiam338
Dropped the boat in at daylight and started putting out plugs...Couldn't get them out before a fish was on...Throwed it in the box,rowed back up and started putting plugs out again and same thing..

Wham...

This was a nate...Released it and rowed back up..Surley it wouldn't happen again...:think:

It did..:yay:

Wham!!!

That one got off..

Couldn't get it to happen a fourth time...Dropped out of that hole and seen 4 or more steelhead scatter in the tailout....Dang..:(

The next hole started back in hammering them with eggs and a yarnie...Same with the next hole after that...

By 9:00 am we were 6 for 7 with 3 in the box and 3 nates released...Still had 10 miles to drift and I had dreams of a epic day...:pray:

Must a got out of them cause from 9:00 to dark and 10 more miles of river we didn't touch another fish save for a stray cutthrout now and then...

Still a great day on the river...:dance:

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lilsalmon
H
hunt-fish-trap
nice job. I didn't know guys ur age had 10 miles worth of river in them:lol:

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice fish!! Love that river too..haven't been there yet this year

S
Santiam338
hunt-fish-trap said:
nice job. I didn't know guys ur age had 10 miles worth of river in them:lol:

:tongue:

:lol::lol::lol:

L
lilsalmon
sweet......

E
eugene1
I'd take that trip! Nice to get into the early action...

H
halibuthitman
great day!

J
JeannaJigs
Awesome day!

B
bigsteel
excellent job out there guys

J
jabs67
Great Job!! Great pics. :clap:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Way to git 'er done! Sheesh! The younguns these days seem to think grey hair means we can only sit in a rocking chair and dream of days gone by. Thanks for proving them wrong, you guys ROCK!!

M
Mad dog
Very nice!!!

A
alm21
Def not a bad day when all three of you have a chromer! Nice feeesh!

brandon4455
brandon4455
Raincatcher said:
Way to git 'er done! Sheesh! The younguns these days seem to think grey hair means we can only sit in a rocking chair and dream of days gone by. Thanks for proving them wrong, you guys ROCK!!

barb i know for a fact that you dont just sit in a rocking chair.. you outfished me,dave and mike :lol:

B
billfisher
Beautiful fish!

N
nwkiller
sounds fun as hell nice work!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Nice stuff Bill!!

S
Santiam338
Thanks all...I am off in the morning to see if I can repeat...Taking the daughter and her boyfriend to see if I can get them their first sreelhead..

I am not sure I can make the whole drift though...I am rather old ya know...Wish me luck that I make it..

;)