Wife's first steely!

B
bran_man
Took the wife and our somewhat newborn son to one of my favorite holes and put a hurting on the fish. Fished for just over 2 hours. Hooked a half dozen or so dark old springers and handed them off for her to fight. They're no good so they all went back in after being landed. Those are still so strong for being in that bad of shape.and they all swam away like they were freshies! Hooked into 2 steelies too. First one I landed and was a pig. She looked like she was not in the river very long and pretty fresh (my home river gets a small continuous flow of fish) shortly after hooked into another and gave my wife one hell of a fight!I gave her directions on how to fight it as it was happening and eventually got the 3B's (banked, bonked and bled) she had fought a couple before, but this was her first one landed and tagged. The fish I caught was the biggest steely for me so far this year. Guessing 11 pounds maybe more (32 inches) that was my fourth summer this year that was a 10+pound summer. wish I would have taken a top view of the fish to show how incredibly thick it was... Oh well. But the best fish of the day by far was my wifes first. :)

IMG950407.jpg
0918131754.jpg

The biggest of the dark stinkys
IMG950399-1.jpg

My piglet
IMG_0403-1.jpg

Last edited:
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent, and full marks for letting the old springers OFF...

T
troutmasta
Great fish! Ya springers have that stank bout now.

R
rippin fish lips
Yeahhhh buddyyy

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good for you two! :clap: Guess y'all showed 'em who's boss of that river! :D

hobster
hobster
Beautiful day to be out on the river! way to go man

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
What a great day for both of you :clap:

jamisonace
jamisonace
Nothing better than getting someone else into a first.

Your salmon experience reminds of a friend from Boise I took fishing a couple years ago about this time of year. He had never caught anything bigger than a trout so I got him into those old salmon and he had a blast. Truthfully though, your salmon looks like a freshie compared to the nasty old fish we were hooking. I've never seen anything so black.

D
DYJ
nice work!

B
bran_man
jamisonace said:
Nothing better than getting someone else into a first.

Your salmon experience reminds of a friend from Boise I took fishing a couple years ago about this time of year. He had never caught anything bigger than a trout so I got him into those old salmon and he had a blast. Truthfully though, your salmon looks like a freshie compared to the nasty old fish we were hooking. I've never seen anything so black.

ha ha oh yeah in a couple weeks they'll be black as night! ha ha yeah last year I got her into her first (fresh/chrome haha) chinook and coho, but just couldnt get her that steely! At least I made it happen for her this year! ha ha now its back chasing fall salmon! I'll take whatever I can get! ha ha

B
bran_man
Thanks all! It was super fun watching that fish take her all over the place!